1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2009 7:16 PM by Topstan

D945GCLF restarts after shutdown - Please help

davidmit

I bough a Intel D945GCLF which I intend to install into a car.

The problem is that when I shut down the computer, the fans stop and then 5 seconds later the computer springs back to life again and windows restarts.

I Have:

Intel D945GCLF

2 GB 666 DDR memory

60 GIG HD

To eliminate windows I carried out a fresh XP professional install - No change

I have updated the Bios (Had problems, may be linked - more info further down)

I have disabled all wake on events in the bios - No change

I removed my Wireless lan card - No change

I have no caution marks in control panel

I have disabled the restart on system failure - No change.

As for the bios I downloaded the windows installer from intel and on running it, the pc reboots and gives the error 'the firmware detected a cmos checksum error' and loads back into windows without updating.

Then put the bios on a dos boot disk and using the integrator ran it, but on running the computer restarts.

So finally I just used the jumpers on the board and the bios on a CD and this appeared to work. Bios is now version 0171

Im all out of thoughts, HELP

PS I do not have roxio easy cd creator installed (I've read this can cause these problems)

So I'

• 1. Re: D945GCLF restarts after shutdown - Please help
          Topstan

Sorry, no help here, but I have the same problem with a DG33TL.  Everything works perfectly except choosing Shutdown from Windows results in the shutdown and then a restart.  It was working fine with my previous motherboard and I have tried all of the things davidmit tried except when I upgraded the BIOS to the latest version I had no problem... so new BIOS code didn't help me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.