Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20596 Discussions

Intel 3000 HD Graphic driver is giving a hard time!

JLeal
Beginner

Hello, everyone,

For some reason my PC crashes a lot when installing the Intel 3000 HD Graphic driver, which is why I've uninstalled it and using the Standard VGA driver. Everything else seems to be working fine.

This is my system information:

Intel System Identification Utility Reference Number: 0187 2828

Date Created: Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:35:19 PM

ADVANCEDComputer ManufacturerComputer ModelOperating System (O/S)Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1Operating System Build (O/S)(build 7601), 64-bitOperating System (version)6.1.7601O/S Language1009System RAM6.1 GB.NET Framework Version3.5.30729.5420CD or DVD DevicePLDS DVD -RW DS-8A8SHSystem Hard Drive OverviewSystem Total Storage Size:698.5 GBPhysical Drivenot detectedMakernot detectedModelnot detectedBus Typenot detectedLocal Disk not detectednot detectedUsed space:not detectedFree Space:not detectedMemory DetailTotal Physical Memory6.1 GBAvailable Physical Memory4.0 GBTotal Virtual Memory2.0 GBInternet Browser [1]Internet ExplorerInternet Browser Version [1]9.10.9200.16540

Chipset Software StatusIntel® Chipset Installation File (INF) detectednot detected Detected Chipset INF Version9.2.0.1025Chipset INF Status<td id="value" style...
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JLeal
Beginner

Hi, allan_intel,

It's with the lastest driver I've had the flickering and crashing situation.

I've looked to update the chipset driver as well, no matches found.

Thanks,

Javier.-

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Does this issue happen with graphics drivers provided by computer manufacturer?

What driver version did you try from your computer manufacturer?

Is there any way you can place a screen shot of the error message?

How can I replicate this issue? Please provide steps to replicate this problem

0 Kudos
JLeal
Beginner

Hi, allan_intel,

Yes, I've downloaded and installed the latest version provided by Intel as Dell is still distributing the previous one.

There's no error message, but screen begins flickering, especially when I get the Welcome screen when the Windows desktop starts. After a few minutes, the flickering stops, but it causes for my system crashing at times.

I'm not sure what you can do to replicate the problem.

I wonder whether it's a hardware issue.

Thanks,

Javier.-

0 Kudos