Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14615 Discussions

I7 3770k at 4.1 to 4.21 GHz no OC, 15-28% max load: is it normal?

SS22
Beginner

I have recently finished my new pc, and knowing that my I7 is a 3,5Ghz i am wondering why is he enjoying a load of 8 to 28% (even lower) at a 4.xx Ghz Speed?. Should it not stay at a normal speed like 3.5GHz and then go over if necessary? I did not tweak anything, and do not have any intention of overclocking.

Cpu temperature is from 26 to 41 (depending on core). room temp 20.5 degrees Celsius

My pc is a Gigabyte GA z77x UD5h WB motherboard, I7 3770k cpu (it logical) 16Gb ddr3 a Gigabyte GTX650 TI 2Gb oc and a SSD Crucial M4 with a few normal hdds.

• 1 View
  • Tags (/message/194483 edit): /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=load load, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=i7 i7, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=temperature temperature, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=stress stress, /community/tech/processors/tags# /?tags=3770k 3770k
    • /message/194483 3770k
  • Categories: Performance & Optimization

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FGonz6
New Contributor III

Based on your processor specifications it was designed to run up to 3.9 GHz with turbo boost. The fact that your unit is running higher than 3.9 GHz could be related with an auto-overclocking feature that may come with your motherboard.

We suggest that you check with the motherboard manufacturer to disable this feature if you want to let your processor to run under specifications.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
FGonz6
New Contributor III

Based on your processor specifications it was designed to run up to 3.9 GHz with turbo boost. The fact that your unit is running higher than 3.9 GHz could be related with an auto-overclocking feature that may come with your motherboard.

We suggest that you check with the motherboard manufacturer to disable this feature if you want to let your processor to run under specifications.

0 Kudos