idata
Employee

I have an new HP Laptop running Vista home premium SP1 :

Computer: Compaq Presario CQ61 Notebook PC

Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3400 2.16GHz-2.17GHz

RAM: 2 GB

1 HD: ST9250320AS ATA Device

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers: ATA Channels 0, 1, 4, 5

Intel ICH9M/M-E Family 4 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2929 (driver problem with XP!!)

Main use for machine at present is database programming. I continually confront Vista issues and wish to install Windows XP Professional SP2 in separate partition.

I am attempting to Install Windows XP Professional through bootable CD. The install proceeded until this message appeared

<!--fonto:Courier New-->

<!--/fonto-->Setup is starting Windows 

followed by BSOD with this text:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->

This is far as I have been able to progress.

I wonder if you can help me to overcome this problem I would appreciate any information you can share. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

I have Medion laptop with the exact problem, I have tried everything. I am starting to think that the controller is specific for Vista... I hpoe not.

Please publish a solution if you get one.

Regards

0 Kudos