2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2009 6:30 AM by Poppa52

Cannot log into windows, get error message "THE LOGON USER INTERFACE DLL IWPDGINA.DLL Failed to load.

JustCub

"THE LOGON USER INTERFACE DLL IWPDGINA.DLL Failed to load. Contact your system administrator to replace the DLL or restore the original DLL."

Thinkpad r51e-- windows xp Sp2

I removed the Intel Connection software and after doing so, I now get this message, I cannot log into windows at all, even in safe mode it only lets me get to the point of Safe Mode with Command Prompt.  System restore doesnt seem to work, and I havent seen a solution on this anywhere else.

Without doing a reformat and re-install is there anything I can do here to get back in?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Cannot log into windows, get error message "THE LOGON USER INTERFACE DLL IWPDGINA.DLL Failed to load.
          deputycleric

I am having exactly the same problem, about a week after removing the connection software.

It was the only way to get my wireless working again after the recent IE8 upgrade (which I uninstalled later, though that did not fix the wireless).

After a week of perfect functioning, and several successful reboots, the machine came up in this state.  After several days of my hoping that automatic Windows updates would magically fix the problem, it still exists.

• 2. Re: Cannot log into windows, get error message "THE LOGON USER INTERFACE DLL IWPDGINA.DLL Failed to load.
            Poppa52

What I did was to go into my registery and do a search on IWPDGINA.DLL. I read on the Microsoft site search for DINADLL and delete this entry. I follow this and now I have my computer working again. I will now from this point forward backup my registery so I can bring back my computer to the way it was before updates and bug fixes. I have copy and paste the instruction from Microsoft site:

1. Restart the computer in Safe mode. To do so:
            2. Restart the computer.
            3. When you see the "Please select the operating system to start" message, press F8.
            4. On the Windows Advanced Option Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
            5. If you use a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select Microsoft Windows XP from the list, and then press ENTER.
            6. Delete the GinaDLL registry entry. To do so:Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
            7. 322756  (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ ) How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
            8. Click Start, and then click Run.
            9. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
            10. Locate, and then click the following registry key:
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
            11. In the right pane, right-click GinaDLL, and then click Delete.
            12. Click Yes when you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
            13. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
            14. Restart the computer.