0 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 8:35 AM by Superlicius

DX58SO Supported Power Supply

Superlicius

I recently purchased a DX58SO motherboard for a well needed upgrade.

The problem is i cant seemed to find any information regarding minimum requirements for the Power Supply, i have searched on the intel site but im not sure if it apply's to that specific motherboard.

I have tryed 2 Power supply and both did not seem to respond properly to the motherboard.

The following test where done by just plugging the power supply in the mother board with the processor and ram installed, nothing else:

-First one i tryed was an OCZ 500W , it has the 12v1 and 12v2 cables attached to it. I do get a light on the motherboard but when i push on the power button nothing happens (cpu fan does not turn or pwer supply). theres a small audible sound comming from the power supply but besides that nothing

-Second one i tryed was an OCZ 600W, it has the 12v1, 12v2, 12v3 and 12v4 cables attached to it, also this power supply was made for quad core processing and crossfire and sli support. Tryed powering on the motherboard again (light is on the motherboard) and i get about  the same results. theres a different audible sound comming from the power supply (buzzing )  but besides that nothing.

Both power supply work fine on other motherboards ( the 500W and  600W was pulled from a working computer)

Could this be a motherboard issue or Power supply issue?

Could anyone suggest what power supply would be needed to support this motherboard ?

Part specs are

DX58SO Motherboard

3x 2 Gig Patriot Tri channel PC 10666 Ram 1333 mzh

Intel Core i7 920 Processor BX80601920,  2.66 ghz

ASUS GeForce EN9800GT 512MB GDDR3