4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2013 4:05 PM by sylvia_intel

DH61DL - AA numbers ending in 207

jgt

Over the past year, I have built 6 systems running SCO OpenServer 6.0.0  using this board,  However, the latest two boards do not work.

The microcode level is 28, and the AA numbers end in 207, and the BIOS is rev 110.

The problem is that after the system boots, the display is corrupted.  I believe that the operating system is written using 7 bit ascii, but the display shows characters with values from 128 to 255, instead of 0 to 127.

My question is, can I resolve this by reverting to bios revision 44 (used with AA -206, and microcode level 26)?

• 1. Re: DH61DL - AA numbers ending in 207
          sylvia_intel

Hello JGT,

I am searching in our system to provide you accurate information. I will keep you post.

regards

• 2. Re: DH61DL - AA numbers ending in 207
            jgt

Any idea of how long that may take?

I tried to flash a motherboard with an earlier bios, but it failed using a DVD and an 8gb USB stick.

Does the boot device for the bios flash program have to be on a less than 2gb device?

• 3. Re: DH61DL - AA numbers ending in 207
              sylvia_intel

Jgt,

You were not able to rollback to BIOS version 0044 since once you updated to BIOS version 0099, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier.

Something very important is that Intel® Desktop Boards do not currently support Server operating system and this applies for Microsoft based or Open based.

However, I am still waiting for the information on your requested, since you were able to use this OS on the DG61DL motherboard, revision 206.

Regards.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: DH61DL - AA numbers ending in 207
                sylvia_intel

Hello JGT

The new BIOS version 0116 is now available under the following link.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22879&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%09%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09&DownloadType=BIOS

This link belongs to the DH61BE motherboard; however it is valid for the boards below.

Intel® Desktop Board DH61BE

Intel® Desktop Board DH61CR

Intel® Desktop Board DH61DL

Intel® Desktop Board DH61SA

Intel® Desktop Board DH61WW

Intel® Desktop Board DH61ZE

• Fixed issue where SATA3 ports are unstable for operating system installation.
                  • Fixed issue where USB ports randomly fail.
                  • Fixed issue where PS/2 keyboard LED does not turn off when system is off.
                  • Fixed issue where PCIe slot 2 loses functionality when LAN is disabled. PCIe Slot 3 can be selected when inserting device into PCIe slot 2.
                  • Fixed issue where PS/2 devices still work in the operating system when the PS/2 port is disabled in BIOS.

If your system’s current BIOS version is 0048 or earlier, you must first update to version 0099 before updating to 0109 or later.

BIOS version 0099 added support for Microsoft Windows 8*. Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain at its current version.

You may want to read the information provided on this link before updating the BIOS, just in case you need to install a previous BIOS version.

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/22932/eng/BE_0117_ReleaseNotes2.pdf

Regards.