2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2013 2:51 PM by joe_intel

Intel network drivers for Lenovo laptop

barmaley

Hi,

I have Lenovo laptop (x230, windows 7 x64).

I had latest drivers (ethernet + wifi) from Lenovo website.

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/detail.page?&DocID=HT073834

Ethernet 11.15.16.0

Wireless 15.03.1000.1637

Intel update tool has detected that there are more newer drivers for ethernet and wifi.

In the meantime for my Intel Intel® HD Graphics 4000 the tool is saying

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

But for wired and wireless network drivers it just recommends to install new drivers.

I have installed new driver 12.6.45.0 for ethernet adapter from Intel website. And I am going to install new wifi driver from Intel.

My question is - what is more correct approach for network adapters: to install drivers only from Lenovo website or newer drivers from Intel is ok?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Intel network drivers for Lenovo laptop
          barmaley

Also after I installed ethernet drivers with option "Intel property pages for device manager" I expected that some customized pages will exist in ethernet adapter properties. But there is no any new or customized page, just usual properties as before installation.

• 2. Re: Intel network drivers for Lenovo laptop
            joe_intel

Hello barmaley,

We always recommend getting the drivers from the computer manufacturer as they usually customize and test them with your system model.

There is a chance your system may have switchable graphics (Intel® HD Graphics 4000 + third party graphics controller) and if that is the case only the custom drivers from the manufacturer will work properly.

I hope this answers your question.