3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2009 2:17 AM by chaircrusher

DP45SG 4x 1gb DDR3 issues

ackack47

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227292

I'm trying to install 4 gigs of OCZ DDR3 1333mhz memory into my DP45SG and it works with two sticks, but when I have all 4x 1gb sticks in it just beeps 3 long beeps and I get no display.  I can't figure out what the problem is.  Can anyone help me please?

• 1. Re: DP45SG 4x 1gb DDR3 issues
          zorzgeo

Take new memory 2x2GB sticks or throw your mobo through the nearest window far away from your life because it's an ordinary mobo garbage!!!

I have those mobo and a lot of probs with it. Tomorrow, mobo goes to find another owner...

• 2. Re: DP45SG 4x 1gb DDR3 issues
            unplugged_24

Hi,

Have you tried each memory module at a time just to make sure all the memory sticks are working fine and none of them are faulty.

Having 3 beeps indicates memory error and even if there is one faulty memory (while the other 3 are fine) the system will not post and you will not get any video. And also make sure the memory you are using is supported on this motherboard: http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dp45sg/sb/CS-029151.htm

Also check that BIOS is at default settings.

Cheers

• 3. Re: DP45SG 4x 1gb DDR3 issues
              chaircrusher

That Intel 'Approved Memory' list is pretty much a joke. This motherboard is picky about RAM, and there are many sticks that satisfy the generic specifications that apparently don't work with this board -- I had trouble with PNY chips, and I don't think the chips were defective; I had no way to test this though since this is my first DDR3 system.

And they give a list of specific memory sticks that they say are known to be good, but it's a very short list, and I wasn't able to find any of those particular chips at my preferred computer component websites.  So the whole 'memory compatibility' page is of little use.

By the way, I also suspect after reviewing the various forums where problems are described that there is more problems if you use 2GB sticks, or populate all 4 slots.