Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

S1200BTLR RMM4LITE inconsistent video output

idata
Employee

Hi - I have a brand new S1200BTLR installed with an RMM4LITE so I can enable the remote KVM features.

However, the Video part of the Keyboard, Video and Mouse often is blank. I have to quit the Java application, re-connect to to see anything after video modes switch. This happens routinely after I press F2 to get to the BIOS settings, then again once the system starts booting and the console messages appear.

Is there any solution to this? I'm running on a Mac OS X Mountain Lion laptop with the latest Java 7 (I have to, Apple keeps disabling anything older).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

I have seen different results with different browsers. Chrome, and Firefox version 15 and earlier seem to work best. Which browsers have you tried?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Chrome, Safari (6.0.4), Firefox (20.0).

However, I've had no issues with actually downloading the jviewer.jnlp and executing it. Java 7 (64-bit) starts up fine; it just doesn't work consistently.

I've been reading that some people have had success with the CD-ROM feature only on Java 6 32-bit. However, since I'm running on a current Mac OS X I have no real options for downgrading my Java 6 to 32-bit, since Java 7 is required for a lot of my other management applications and Oracle does not make a 32-bit version of Java 7 for Mac.

0 Kudos