1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2009 1:14 AM by Doppler808

DP45SG - Keyboard not working

Doppler808

ok i completed my desktop and I get the screen to hit f2 and i do such, but nothing happens.  I get power to the USB board(Num lock is showing on).  I do get 1 beep so i reseted CMOS and also tried to check my memory slots, DimmA-0 tried all 3 2gig chips, and progress through all slots.

• 1. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

First thing to do is to update the BIOS using to the latest version using the recovery method Or ISO method.

Once this is done, switch your bios jumper to the Maintenance/Configuration Mode.

Check if the keyboard works in the Maintenance Mode.

Check if the USB is enabled in the Advanced Section. (even though disable the usb should not disable the keyboard, but it is worth leaving them (usb and usb legacy enabled) enabled as sometimes it may not work if leave disabled)

Make sure the keyboard works fine on another system.

I hope that you are not using wireless or bluetooth keyboard as it does not work

Regards,

Aryan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
            Doppler808

Ok i tried to update the bios using the cd method.  it doesn't work i don't think it's been 20 minutes without anything on the screen but it seems the cd drive is working.  so i am not sure how long it should take.  website says 2-5 minutes.

• 3. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
              Doppler808

ok got back from work, and still nothing happening.  I left it on the whole time.  Now when i set it back to normal boot.  all USB's don't work(no power) and I get a Password option and i no longer get the intel screen.

• 4. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                Aryan2411

Hi Doppler,

Apologies for some delay in getting back to you.

What do you mean by password?

Your system is asking you for a password to go into the bios.

If yes, then follow these steps below:

Switch the bios jumper to Maintenance Mode/Configuration Mode.

The system will boot on to the BIOS without pressing F2.

There is an option Clear BIOS Password

Select this one

Save and Exit

Well, i guess only if the keyboard works then you will be able to do this.

By the way, did you try all the steps I had advised to do earlier? If yes, what is the result?

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Aryan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                  Doppler808

It just says password on the middle of the screen.  I did the ISO method and I left my computer on because it didn't do anything, and I left to go eat dinner for my bday.  Came back it was all the same.  All USB's don't work now.  I will try again.

I you method with the ISO, and nothing happened.  I used a ISO burn program, turned on the computer, popped the cd in, and then restarted the computer, and nothing happened for 4 1/2 hours.

• 6. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                    Doppler808

I may just return this one and get another one and see if that fixes the problem.

• 7. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                      Aryan2411

Hi Doppler,

Did you try the Recovery Method?

Bios recovery using a formatted USB media.

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
                      In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to move the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.

Recovery with Formatted USB Stick

1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio file) to a formatted usb disk.
                      2. Place the usb disk in the target system.
                      3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.
                      4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
                      5. Power the system on.
                      6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.
                      7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.
                      8. Remove usb disk
                      9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.
                      10. Restart system.

Note: these can be found on:
                      Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
                      Page 3

Note: when doing the recovery method, it is best to have only one media connected, the USB media for example, disconnect all other media like cd drive, hard drive etc.

You can recovery through CD as well, just burn the .BIO file on to a blank CD.

Follow the instructions above.

Btw, Happy Birthday

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Aryan

• 8. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                        Doppler808

Ok will do I will try it out with the USB or CD.  I will make sure i remove the other drives, and double check everything will keep you posted.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for saying happy birthday

• 9. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                          Doppler808

ok i tried the USB/CD method and all i get is a black screen.  i left the computer on over-night and it still the same.  Any other ideas, and thanks for helping

• 10. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                            Doppler808

ok this is what i gathered.

Before attempting bios update:

Normal mode - Intel screen, options, keyboard powered doesn't work

Recovery mode - Same as above

jumper off - Black screen

After attempting bios update:

Normal mode - asks for password, keyboard don't work

Recover mode - I get intel blue screen, keyboard don't work, no options

No jumper - Black screen

• 11. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                              Aryan2411

Hi Doppler,

Last test to try:

Connect a front panel USB header to the USB connector on the board

Check on the Technical Product Specification to find the right header.

Connect your usb keyboard, do the previous test, see if it works at least with usb front panel header.

By the way, which cpu are using? I need to know the sl number of the cpu as well.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 12. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                                Doppler808

INTEL BX80580Q8200 Core 2 Quad Q8200 2.33 GHz 1333 MHz Socket 775 4MB Desktop Processor

ok will try again. m rma will expire soon lol

• 13. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                                  Aryan2411

Hi Doppler,

Try to check the sl number of your CPU.

The reason is because the cpu Q8200 exists in two different SL number.

SLG9S And this cpu is compatible with board revision E27733-401, E27733-402, E27733-403.

SLB5M This one is compatible with all the board revision.

So check the sl number of the cpu and the board revision as a precaution

I remember that there was a board that use a particular cpu and it was not working with the usb keyboard/mouse

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 14. Re: DP45SG - Keyboard not working
                                    Doppler808

i have the E2733-403 motherboard.  I will check on the processor brb in a sec.

ok i can't find the box for the processor , but by the way you worded it.  It shouldn't matter on the processor since the board is a 403, and both support the 403.

1 2 Previous Next