1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2009 2:26 PM by Aryan2411

Booting Problem in DQ45CB

arr_rashid

hey guys...i purchased DQ45CB two weeks befor...now i m experiencin som prob in d board....when i turn off my system n again restart it its not all bootin up...not even d intel screen s comin up....i removed ram,hard disk n everythin den i started my sys bt d sam prob occurs....i use 2GBX4 Corsair RAM...i booted up with only one 2GB RAM bt of no use....wat cud be d prob???is it possible get it rectified or shud i send it for replacement???

• 1. Re: Booting Problem in DQ45CB
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

Do a CMOS on the Board and leave the system with minimum basic information. (minimum configuration to allow it to boot only)

I will explain to you how to do a BIOS Recovery Mode:

Instructions for Recovery BIOS Updates
          In the unlikely event that a BIOS update is interrupted, it is possible the BIOS may be left in an unusable state. The recovery process requires the chassis to be opened to move the onboard BIOS Configuration Jumper.

1. Copy the recovery file (*.bio) to a formatted usb disk.

File: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=2933&DwnldID=17632&url=/17632/eng/CB0083.BIO&PrdMap=&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS Independent&lang=eng

2. Place the usb disk in the target system.

3. Shut down the system and unplug AC power.

4. Open the chassis and remove the BIOS Configuration Jumper. See the Technical Product Specification for details including the location of this jumper.
          5. Power the system on.

6. Wait 2-5 minutes for the update to complete. When the usb drive LED is lit, the system is copying the recovery code into the FLASH device.

7. System will either turn off when the recovery process is completed or it will prompt you to turn off the system.

8. Remove usb disk

9. Replace the BIOS Configuration Jumper.

10. Restart system.

Note: Dont connect any other usb devices, media drive to the system other than just the recvoery media. If you can't do it via the USB, use a blank CD. Then connect only the CD Drive.

Note: these can be found on:
          Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf
          Page 3

Try to see if the board issues 3 beeps without any memory.
          Try to leave the jumper on the Maintenance/Configuration Mode and see if it boots directly into the BIOS.
          Try the system out of the chassis to do the test

Let me know how it goes.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Aryan.