1 2 3 Previous Next 156 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 6:15 PM by rcainfla

dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes

Pc-Freak

Hi all

First off all don't pay attention for my bad English, i do my best.

I have build my own system with the above named motherboard. I have installed Windows Vista 64 Ultimate because i want to use 8 GB memory for my games. But after several weeks windows randomly freezes or reboots. When it freezes i can't do anything, i can't move the mouse. Than i have to reset my computer. It's different when the system reboots or hangs, it will happen when the computer just turned on and i start the Internet explorrer, or it will run for an hour or more. I have checked the cpu temperature and it's good idle and when i play a game. I did a memory check, changed/removed hardware, but nothing will fix my problems.

My system specs

Motherboard: Intel DP45SG

Cpu: Quad core Q9650

Memory: 2x Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

Video: 2x ATI HD 4870 X2 in Crossfire mode

Audio: Onboard

PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower CM 850 Watt

The bios and all the drivers are up to date.

All ideas are welcome

Greetings Pc-Freak

• 1. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
          Galushi

I have the same, or very similar problem. Using this motherboard with a core2duo 3.0ghz and Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 and also getting random reboots and occasional lockups. Has little relation with what i seem to be doing at the time either on startup or in World of Warcraft ( for the short time it will run ). I have all my drivers up to date and the BIOS updated as well. Bought a new power supply (OCX 700w), and done memtest on the RAM to make sure that wasnt the culprit. Also heat seems to be fine.

Eagerly looking forward to an answer to this problem. I have been trying to trouble shoot it off and on for a couple weeks.

• 2. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
            Pc-Freak

Hi Galushi

I'm also have been trying trouble shoot the problem for a month of two. I just reinstalled windows and i also downloaded the desktop control monitor.

I have seen in that program that the cpu voltage is not correct, the green indicator is not lid. It say's CPU Voltage 1.04 and it is frequently jumping to 1.15 and when it hits that number the green indicator is lid.

Maby it is a power problem, but i hope someone else know the exact specs of the cpu

You can check this out, and maby you have the same problem is i have.

I hear from you

Greetings Pc-Freak

This is a screen dump of the program.

cpu voltage.jpg

• 3. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
              Galushi

I think i may have fixed the Reboot part of the issue. It seems a friend found information about issues with Video cards being in the top PCIE slot and told me to try the bottom slot. After some careful cable management, i got my video in the lower slot and i dont think ive had a random reboot since. I still have random lockups tho.

Trying that program that you listed i noticed my cpu load is at 3.16ghz which i find odd since my cpu is the 8400 and should be running at 3.0ghz. I'm not sure what speed your processor is supposed to be running at, but maybe both of our processors are running overclocked and causing system instability?

I'm gonna try to find a way to underclock it down to 3.0ghz and see if that helps.

• 4. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                Simonsez9

this is exactly wht i am seeing in the BIOS 3.16 ghz for processor but when i press F9 it showed 3.0ghz even though i havent over clocked or any thing but my problem is some thing else now my all USB ports r dead suddenly thts why i am pretty much shocked my self wht the heck is going on i have mention in my other post abt tht issue, let see wht intel ppl have to say abt it this board is really messin ppl alot and its not GOOD AT ALL for intel

• 5. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                  Simonsez9

you said ur using 8gb but in ur specs its mention

Memory: 2x Kingston KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

so right now ur using 4gb or 8gb and also can u give a print screen of the memory i want to see ur default timings and voltage of the memory wht the board detects default wait for ur reply and also update the graphic card drivers might tht help

• 6. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                    Pc-Freak

Hi Simonsez9

My problem is solved. I returned the motherboard to the store where i bought it. They have checked my videocards, internal memory and power supply.

At first no problems where detected. Than they have installed a ultimate version of windows vista 64 bits and all the newest drivers. Than the problem was seen by the technician that the system rebooted. Than he say's that it was a motherboard problem and my motherboard was replaced. I'm running nof for 3 hours with no problems yet.

You had a question about my memory. They are 1x 4GB bundle. that is 2 gb on one module. See link: http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator_new/partsinfo.asp?root=us&LinkBack=http://www.kingston.com&ktcpartno=KVR1333D3N9K2/4G

I will let it know when or if problem returns

Greetings Pc-Freak

• 7. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                      Pc-Freak

Update from last message.

I have installed crysis Warhead on my computer. The in game settings all on max. Game running perfectly. Cpu temp at 47 degrees, and both videocards at 107 degrees, the max for the videocards is 120 degrees. When i was playing the game, i heard a high beep tone from my pc speakers, when the beep stopped the computer rebooted. now are both problems back. After the restart, windows locks again an somtimes reboots.

This is the last time i'm buying a intel motherboard.

I'm going back to the store, and i'm gonna buy a different motherboard, if i can find one with the same specs as this one, Any ideas are welcome.

Greetings Pc-Freak

• 8. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                        Simonsez9

i was happy to read the first msg from u but right now reading ur second msg i am totally upset and freaked out my self wht do abt this mother board and still there is no answer from any intel ppl yet on the thread i have posted here its to bad really i am pretty much gettin disappoint now where those intel ppl r busy any way can u send me the print screen of ur BIOS i wana see the voltage of the DDR 3 rams either it is 1.5v or 1.6v and which board ur lookin for as well let me know to i wish tht intel should do something abt this mother board on every forum either its corsair or any gaming site ppl r complaing abt this board seriously intel ppl must look into this matter lets hope for the best

• 9. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                          Pc-Freak

Hi Simonsez9

I already did send a email to intel, but the only responce they give is that it is my mistake, and the problem is the other hardware in my computer. I replyed on that email, by saying that there is no other hardware om my motherboard, just the two video cards. And i telled them that they where good, and that the problem is still there when i install the cheapest videocard on the marked, so i say it is a product fault. I just  bought and installed a asus motherboard, with the same memory and videocards, i'm just started to install windows, hope it will be over now.

You where asking for a screen dump of my bios. In the bios it's set on 1.5 volts. I give you a print screen of the intel desktop monitor with the specs.

I'll hope to bring some results tomorrow

Greetinfs Pc-Freak

2.jpg

• 10. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                            Simonsez9

thx for ur reply pls let know how ur new mother board work with ddr3 1333 wait for ur reply

• 11. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                              Pc-Freak

I have installed new motherboard, with the same memory and graphics cards. at first no video, but a bios update did fix the problem. Pc is running all day, with no problems at all. I also think it runs faster than the intel board, games are starting faster, for example: on old motherbord starting time for crysis warhead, till you can play was 57 seconds, on new board it takes 34 seconds. windows is more stable, and startup time is a little bit faster. Have gamed all day, with no reboots and lock ups.

I'm returning the intel board tomorrow, and will ask my money back and the fuel that i have used for the number of times i went to the store to try fix the problem.

No more intel for me.

If you wan't any specs on new board, ask it. i will come to read your messige.

Greetings Pc-Freak

• 12. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                                Simonsez9

hi pc freak

i have already send u a PM msg as well pls chk it out and also tell me which new board u have got any link for it model name brand name wait for ur reply

thx for ur reply

• 13. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                                  tazcomputers

I got the same mobo. Also had the problem, all i did was to update the Bios of the Mobo and the problem was Fixed.

• 14. Re: dp45sg Motherboard spontaneously reboot, and windows freezes
                                    Simonsez9

hi taz which mobo u r talkin about its DP45SG or any other u didnt mention the model of the mobo the thread is for DP45SG so please tell me which MOBO ur talkin abt

1 2 3 Previous Next