12 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 3:31 PM by Aryan2411

D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7

hawkstroke

Anyone else having problems installing the marvell Sata driver on windows 7 RC1 64bit?

I have downloaded and tried to manually install the driver via intels website. As well as attempting to install the driver from the origional intel mobo disk.

From the disk I just get that its not compatable.

problem is that I keep running out of space and I need more HDD's

got 3 sata HDDs and 1x sata DVD rockin the intel section.

• 1. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
          Aryan2411

Hi Hawkstroke,

I installed Windows 7 build 7100 RC recently on this board, using the Marvell Controller configured the drives as a RAID 1.

I used the driver below:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=2578&DwnldID=12018&strOSs=150&OSFullName=WindowsVista*64&lang=eng

It worked fine for me. I had two raid on the system, RAID1 using the Marvell and RAID 0 using the Intel Matrix.

So far, i remembered to have encountered problems with OEM version of the Windows Vista on this board. It did not take the Marvell Driver on the Intel Website.

Regards,

Aryan

• 2. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
            hawkstroke

When I installed that driver, I had the files unzipped to my desktop and I searched that folder for the drivers automaticly. Installed those and got a This device cannot start. (Code 10). It has also two other folders as well amd64 and i386, Im sure it went to install the one thats in the main folder.

Update::: Seems like after trying to force install certain .ini files the only one that would actually install is the ones under the AMD folder. Could be causing the code 10. But Im not able to install the other batch of .ini files under i386 folder. I have the new driver verification thing turned off as well.

• 3. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
              Aryan2411

Hi there,

One more thing that I dont understand now. You said that you had the files extracted on the desktop.

So does that mean you have already installed the Windows?

If so, then which driver do you want to install? Because I thought that you needed the F6 driver which is needed when having a RAID and install while the windows is being installed.

If the windows is already installed, post a printscreen of the hardware id in the device manager, I will see if there is anything I know on this.

All thes best,

Regards,

Aryan.

• 4. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                hawkstroke

Yes im already in windows. I have tried to download the marvell MRU installer form intels site and it also doe not install the driver as well.

Larger question is that is everyone installing this driver from floppy while installing windows and can I go into the windows installer and put ther driver in with out having to reformat. Because I think you can install drivers before the actual formating part of the installer.

But on the other hand why doesn't it just install in windows anyway?desktop.png

• 5. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                  Aryan2411

Hi Hawkstroke,

Now i understand your problem. Thanks for the picture.

Well, since Windows 7 is not officially supported, you may encounter some problem. To be honest, when I installed Windows 7 earlier build 30xx, I did not have any issues. But I had Windows 7 32 bits.

If you have the Windows 7 Build 7100, try to download this setup again.

Website: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/T8Clearance.aspx?sType=&agr=Y&ProductID=2578&DwnldID=12018&url=/12018/eng/STOR_AllOS_MRUSetup_1.2.0.60_PV_Marvell.exe&PrdMap=&strOSs=150&OSFullName=WindowsVista*64&lang=eng

Then right click on the Setup, choose Option Troubleshoot Compatibility, try to install it through this mode, it will use the XP Mode version.

Start the Program, After installation completed, Next , Save Seetings.

Let me know how it goes, I will see if I can get a system, and do the test soon.

Anyway, what is your opinion on Windows 7? I think that it is the best so far

Regards,

Aryan

• 6. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                    hawkstroke

So you actually start the program before you click next? Whats the trick behind that? If any.

Then right click on the Setup, choose Option Troubleshoot Compatibility, try to install it through this mode, it will use the XP Mode version.

Start the Program, After installation completed, Next , Save Seetings.

Went through the settings and changed it to xp sp2 and it installes the rest of the aplications just not the drivers. I also run it as administrator as well.

Would having UAC disabled hurt my  cause as well. Rummor on the G15 forums is that if you turn it off you can't install the LCD profiler. Some poeple with the 64bit version could and some couldn't

Alright,  For the installer I get the optiosn page, It shows apache HTTP server/ Mru/ Tray/ Command line interface.

Im sure that I had a version that would have the driver as a shown option that you could not uncheck.  Regardless the process is a bunch of quick command line box's that you can't tell whats going on because it comes and goes too quickly. So I don't know if its trying to install the driver and just can't or what..

The tech dept that I work in likes windows 7 and most of them have it on their computers at home because it actually a legit copy of windows. But overall I like the beta. its really clean. Although, I did liek the 7000 build that I had, I did not have any problems with that one. Nor did I try to install the raid driver then.

• 7. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                      hawkstroke

couldn't I use an extractor to find just the driver for it? Thats what everyone is having to do for the G15 installer because it says the program is not compatable with windows 7

or soemthing like that.

• 8. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                        Aryan2411

Hi Hawkstroke,

Sorry to hear that it still fails to install the drivers. I will try to look if i can do the test for you next week probably.

Other than this, I dont have any more suggestions to give you on this one. Anyway, so far the system is running fine for you, try to relax and have a nice weeked, till then you will hear from me next week now.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan.

• 9. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7

I have the same problem. When I've tried to install the driver, I've received:

marvell.jpg

• 10. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                            kcmc20

I have the same MB and I could not get Win 7 to install the drivers for the raid controller until this morning I found http://www.station-drivers.com/page/marvell.htm and installed the Marvell 61xx Marvel RAID Controller on that page and installed it. I then went into the device manager and deleated the controller and rebooted and then windows installed it with those drivers and the drive I have connected shows up fine. Hope this helps.

• 11. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                              hawkstroke

This is the fix for this problem

• 12. Re: D975XBX2 Marvell driver for Windows 7
                                Aryan2411

Hi Hawkstroke,

I managed to do the test and actually i can confirm that there is a problem with the current marvell driver f6 from the Intel website.

I did some other test as well.

http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-3205;jsessionid=CF136C7C4F7648A4AE4CB6E0B2C3E136

Thanks to KCMC, the f6 driver issue can be ignored for now.

All the best, Thank you for your post.

Regards,

Aryan