cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 335 240GB freezing up with Event [no response]

PV3
New Contributor

Recently purchased the SSD 335, to be exact, the drive is aprox. two months old and I've been having random system hang up moments since week one.

After lock up, the following message is recorded(Event Viewer):

The device, \Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period.

I have a strong feeling that this is somehow related to the power management of the drive, since everytime that the drive hanged itself there wasn't any particular load being done(Windows Power Management is set to High performance and all drive related options have been disabled including hibernation).

Furthermore I believe that it is the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver causing this issue by performing some sort of power management.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver version 11.1.0.1006

(This is the last-latest version recommended for my Motherboard Sabertooth Z77)

I have not detected any significant speed issues or other errors,

I do use the Intel SSD toolbox once per week to perform a Quick Diagnostic Scan followed by the Optimizer as advised by the ToolBox.  

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Ghoy, please note that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not a requirement for the Solid State Drive to work properly, I suggest you to uninstall that software and test the system again.

You can try also to perform a full diagnostic and see if you get any specific error message, if you do not get any error then that means that the Solid State Drive is working properly and the issue might be related with software issue or an integration issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Ghoy, please note that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not a requirement for the Solid State Drive to work properly, I suggest you to uninstall that software and test the system again.

You can try also to perform a full diagnostic and see if you get any specific error message, if you do not get any error then that means that the Solid State Drive is working properly and the issue might be related with software issue or an integration issue.

PV3
New Contributor

Thank you for replying,

I did know that the Intel Rapid Storage Technology is not a requirement for the drive tho at the time of the installation I figured that having an Intel based AHCI controler would be more beneficial on the long run since I am using an Intel drive.

Obviously I was wrong, I took your recommendation and I've uninstalled the driver and the application all together and I have not been having issues since then which only confirmed my original hypothesis that in fact the most likely cause of the problem was the Intel AHCI driver power management.

Thank you for the support,

Cheers.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hello ghoy,

Regarding the support for the Intel® Chipset or Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver you may contact the motherboard manufacturer or the Intel® Chipset support team via chat or e-mail or the Intel® chipset communities.

/community/tech/chipsets http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/chipsets

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport