1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2010 1:39 AM by Cpt.Dogfruit

Problem with DX58SO not turing on.

Juls_glav

Hi,

i have built my own PC and it has being working fine up until now.  What happened is that I plugged in a Mic and a Heasphone jack into the connectios on the front panel of my Case. This caused the PC to turn of straight away. I have checked all the connections on the motherboard and they are all in the correct position.  I can see that the motherboard is receing power as there is the green led light on the botherboard, but the PC will not turn on anymore. So any suggestions are appreciated.

On a seperate note, when I upgrade to the latest Bios a few months ago, the Windows Hibernate mode would not work anymore as in will never resume Windows, this only happened as a direct result of upgrading the Bios, but as I say the more important thing at the moment is getting the PC to start up again...

Cheers

Juls

• 1. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
          unplugged_24

Hi,

This does seem quite a strange behavior. It could be that a component on the board has burnt. It could not be your power supply since the led is green. meaning that the motherboard is getting power from the power supply. If you has already tested the system and checking all the connections and still you cannot get it to start up, then I think there is no other way that to rma the board...but at this stage i am not too sure, it can also be the cpu since the power led is green on the board...if you can test it on a different system it will help you to get an idea whether it's the cpu or motherboard before going for an rma for whichever it is.

Cheers

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
            Aryan2411

Hi there,

It may be something short-circuiting the board or may be the board is already short-circuited by the front panel connection.

Before trying to place an RMA for the board, I will suggest you to do these steps:
            Actually, i think it is best that you try your system out of the chassis.
            Leave the system with minimum configuration.
            Only Board + CPU + Memory and Graphics Card.
            Switch the BIOS COnfiguration Jumper to Maintenance/Configuration Mode.
            Boot up the system using a screwdriver by short-circuiting the right pin (check on the TPS for information, dont use the front panel header)
            If it boots up, try to recover the bios again as a precaution.

If you need help on the recovery BIOS Method:
            Note: these can be found on:
            Website: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/17197/eng/BIOS%20Update%20Readme.pdf

If system does not boot up, remove the memory to see if it does issue any beeps.
            If no beep.

Then do as Unplugged24 told you
            Place an RMA for the board thru Intel if > 30 days Purchase or go to your reseller for RMA
            Website: http://supportmail.intel.com/scripts-emf/welcome.aspx?id=37

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,
            Aryan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
              rally2xs

I printed and read the motherboard documentations and the external stuff is "fused,"  I'm assuming that means that it has a circuit breaker.

Now, this is a wild guess, but try removing the power from the board, possibly the entire computer for a couple minutes, then try it again.  That may reset something.  Just a guess.  And of course remove those headphones from that jack.

• 4. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turning on.
                Juls_glav

Thank you all for your replies.  I have removed the board from the chasis and placed it onto the anti-static foil and only had the PSU, CPU and Memory connected but still nothign from it. I do belive connecting both the Mic and the Headphones at the same time some how shorted the board out.  I have opened a RMA with Intel re this as the board is about 5 months old it will have to go through their process.  I will update when I find out more from Intel.

Regards,

• 5. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turning on.
                  Aryan2411

Hi Juls,

Glad to be of some help to anyone on this community. Yes, i do think that RMA is the best solution for you now.

All the best, Thanks for helping David and Unplugged24

Regards,

Aryan

• 6. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                    lille_lys

Hi I have a DX58SO and It will not turn on. A green light turns on when I put power on the PSU (thermaltake 1K) but nothing else. I have seen the same behavious on another board I installed yesterday but after some time and fiddeling I got it stated. the new one just never starts up. Any suggestions.

6 Gb Corsair ddr3 1333 ram

asus HVE4870 1 gb

Thermaltake 1k W PSU

ANY suggestions are VERY welcome.

Cheers

Lille_lys

• 7. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                      Jonny451

Hi lille_lys

Try removing the battery from the motherboard for 15 minutes and then re-integrate the CPU

Which CPU are you using - 920, 940 or 965? (or 950 / 975)?

Let us know

• 8. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                        lille_lys

Hi there it is an Intel i7 920 2.66

The strange thing is that after having removed everything and then assembling it it still did not turn on. Then after having being standing off of about 1 hours it suddenly started???? Very confused... Had the same problem with the other motherboard I bought yesterday.

Have any other seen this problem?????

• 9. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                          Juls_glav

This now seems to be quite a common issue with this Board. At present I have to bring my board to a external computer company to try different CPU and memory configurations, before Intel will issue a RMA.  But in my case I have removed all parts, CPU, memory and only connected the PSU btu still no post beebs or anything.

I will keep you all updated.

juls 

• 10. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                            lille_lys

Please do.. Thanx...

• 11. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                              Juls_glav

All fixed now.  Intel sent me out a new board.  I set up the PC and it turned on 1st time every time.

Chat to you all soon.

Juls

• 12. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.
                                Aryan2411

Hi Juls,

I am very happy for you. Anyway, if you have any new questions, feel free to post.

We will be pleased to provide you with further support.

All the best,

Regards,

Aryan

• 13. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.

hi peeps, im having the same problem, and tried everything, its been 2 hours now and still no resulst, this is extremely frustrating! i woud really apreciate some help, the user that said it started working again after about an hour, was the bat in or out for that time, or was it just off and as it would normally be?

i bought new earphones, first plugged the mic jack in the front pannel, then the pc switched off, i turned it back on, and then plugged in the aerphones jack, and it immidiately swithed off again. and since then it doesnt start, nothing, just the green light on the motherboard is on, but not a sound or anything else.

also it was purchased on 10/06/2009, can i still return it?

thanks

• 14. Re: Problem with DX58SO not turing on.

hi peeps, im having the same problem, and tried everything, its been 2 hours now and still no resulst, this is extremely frustrating! i woud really apreciate some help, the user that said it started working again after about an hour, was the bat in or out for that time, or was it just off and as it would normally be?

i bought new earphones, first plugged the mic jack in the front pannel, then the pc switched off, i turned it back on, and then plugged in the aerphones jack, and it immidiately swithed off again. and since then it doesnt start, nothing, just the green light on the motherboard is on, but not a sound or anything else.

also it was purchased on 10/06/2009, can i still return it?

thanks

1 2 Previous Next