2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2013 10:46 PM by Amit

After wrong Bios upgrade how to manage ?

Amit

Hi,

I have Intel - DH67BL Motherboard

AA# for my motherboard :AAG10189-205

My motherboard should not be upgraded to BL0160.BIO means ver 160.

Since given min. 3rd Gen-Ready AA#s should be AAG10189-211

and min. 3rd Gen-Capable AA#s should be  - AAG10189-206

Still i did upgraded it ..

At this time Win8 is working on it properly but Win XP is not working on it ..

How i can rollback it or correct it ?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: After wrong Bios upgrade how to manage ?
          Ruben Ramos

Hi Amit,

If you will like to install Windows XP, you can try first changing the SATA mode in the BIOS of this motherboard, following the steps listed below:

1. Press the F2 key after the Power-On-Self-Test (POST) memory test begins.
          2. Select the Configuration menu, then the SATA Drives menu.
          3. Set the Chipset SATA Mode to RAID.
          4. Press the F10key to save the BIOS settings and exit the BIOS Setup program.

Remember that in case you will like to have dual operating system boot, you will need to install the older operating system first and then the newer.

Also in case you will like to downgrade the BIOS version, all you have to do is perform the F7 method (Desktop Boards — Instructions for F7 BIOS Flash update), and save the older BIOS version in the flash drive.

• 2. Re: After wrong Bios upgrade how to manage ?
            Amit

Mine bios earlier version was 76.

The version I used was 160 and on that there is a warning mentioned , please suggest will i be able to rollback current changes?

Warning:
            BIOS version 0151 includes support for 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ processors.  Due to structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to downgrade the BIOS to version 0132 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain at its current version.

A lot of Thanks for help.

• 3. Re: After wrong Bios upgrade how to manage ?
              Amit

Mine bios earlier version was 76.