Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

[Win8 & Intel HD Graphics 4000] Cannot modify settings

idata
Employee

I have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 and Windows 8 installed, but the setting of the Graphics is so weird.

When I open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel, weird things happen. The mouse icon keep on flashing, switching between loading circle icon and normal arrow icon. It does not allow me to change any settings, under "Display" (e.g. General Settings, Multiple Displays, and so on)

This happens also in Windows 8 setting: Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Display\Screen Resolution. I cannot change any settings. no matter which option I change, it immediately switches back to the original option.

e.g. In the image, when I want to switch to 50Hz, it switches back to 60Hz immediately. It happens both with/without external display.

I am using X230, with some necessary Lenovo drivers installed.

I have tried the driver from Lenovo, several versions of drivers from Intel, including the latest one with new UI. It still happens.

I have no idea why. It does not happen on Win7

Below is some basic info:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Report Date: 4/21/2013

Report Time[hh:mm:ss]: 00:23:40

Driver Version: 9.17.10.2843

Operating System: Windows 8 (6.2.9200)

Default Language: English (United States)

DirectX* Version: 11.0

Physical Memory: 8009 MB

Minimum Graphics Memory: 64 MB

Maximum Graphics Memory: 1664 MB

Graphics Memory in Use: 134 MB

Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9

Processor Speed: 2893 MHz

Vendor ID: 8086

Device ID: 0166

Device Revision: 09

* Processor Graphics Information *

Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Video BIOS: 2161.0

Current Graphics Mode: 1920 by 1080

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

Update your Video BIOS by updating the BIOS with your computer manufacturer (Lenovo) from the link below:

http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I have already installed the latest BIOS from Lenovo..

0 Kudos
Marcos_U_Intel
Employee

At this point I would recommend a repair or a clean installation of the operating system.

0 Kudos