Hello, I work for a company where we mainly work on desktops with the same hardware so most of our products come direct from Intel and same series of board. Me and another computer savvy tech have been trying to figure out this problem to no avail and hope that someone here can solve or lead us in the right direction. Basically the board will not POST.
First off we run these boards on P4's and Pentium D's ranging from 1.6Ghz to 3.0Ghz, and power supplies as low as 250W with no issues.
We are using two different processors, a 3Ghz/2MB/800 LGA775 and 3.2Ghz/2MB/800 LGA775 Pentium 4's for test. A 500W power supply. A 512MB, 1GB and 2GB DDR2 memmory sticks. We have the short and fat Intel desktop fans and over 1lb of thermal paste (only using a small dab though!). Four Acer 17" monitors. All parts have been tested with other hardware and functioning properly. No PCI or PCI-e slots are being used.
Here are the steps I have taken:
1. Plug in PSU (24-pin connector and 4-pin power), then insert 2GB RAM in to DIMM 0 Slot A, connect VGA-DVI adaptor and monitor to adaptor (note this board has two DVI ports but a blue one for VGA only).
2. I then power on the PSU from its I/O switch, Green Power LED lights up.
3. I then power on the board by jumping the PWR connector, Red AMT (Intel Active Management) light comes on.
4. Red AMT light stays on for approximately 14 seconds, turns off for 4 seconds (green light still solid) then powers up indefinitely, no beep codes at all.
5. Tried reseating RAM and removing it to procure beep codes, but no luck.
6. Removed CMOS jumper from 1-2 to 2-3, and powered on. Same scenario but instead of staying on for 14 seconds it stays on indefinitely.
7. Repeated all steps changing out all hardware, and using a new DQ45CB mobo from our parts closet.
The boards are brand new, never opened. They do not POST, do not display any video activity, do not sound beep codes, keyboard does not seem to work. I have tried Five (5) of these boards in a row and they all have the same issue. I have installed these in the past with no problem, and dealt with some with the blinking AMT light, but nothing like this. I am confused and have exhausted my resoursces as far as any other ideas for troubleshooting. Please help, thanks!