0 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2009 2:24 PM by BubblyBob

Intel Desktop board D865GLC BIOS/sound help!

BubblyBob

This is in a Gateway E-4100 series. Unfortunately Gateway sold recently and I can't get any tech support from them anymore.

Here at the Intel site there's a BIOS update for my PC that isn't listed on the Gateway site (my current version is BF86510A.15A.0060.P13). http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&Inst=Yes&ProductID=950&DwnldID=10130&strOSs=38&OSFullName=OS Independent&lang=eng

I tried using all three downloading methods and all failed. For the express install it goes through the setup process fine but when the computer restarts it gives a message saying "The express BIOS update was unsuccessful".

I'm also having trouble with the sound. I'm only getting it out of the right speaker. It's Soundmax integrated digital audio. I downloaded the latest driver for it but still only getting sound out of one speaker. I also checked and made sure my audio settings in my control panel were all balanced. I have it set at "Desktop stereo speakers" too since that's what I'm using (2 channel speakers).

Any help would be appreciated.