7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2013 12:27 PM by joe_intel

Problem with expired password - Intel ProSet v15 - Windows XP - PEAP - MS-CHAP-V2 - Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230

konnan

Hello,

I have a problem with expired password in Windows XP using latest Intel Proset v15 on my Toshiba Portege R830 laptop with a Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 wireless chipset.

I need to establish a totally seamless wireless experience for all users using all kind of laptops, just like their were using the wired network. We don't want our users to type their username and password, whatever the situation, so we are using SSO.

Most of our laptops are currently using SSO with basic Windows Wi-Fi management, but we had lots of signal strength problems with the Toshiba Portege R830 laptop and the Intel ProSet suite solved it.

The wireless network is configured to use WPA2-Enterprise with PEAP - MS-CHAP-V2. We don't want all users permanently connected to our wireless because our wired infrastructure is more stable, it's mostly for use in conference rooms, so it's set to Manual.

On all our laptops with basic Windows Wi-Fi management, when you try to connect with an expired password, you have a "special" authentification pop-up that alert you that your password is expired, if you try to change it right away, it doesn't work, but if you log off, then at the logon screen you type your username and password as usual, you have the usual "password is expired" logon authentification screen where you change your password to a new one. After you logon and the Wi-Fi starts working again correctly.

Here's the problem : When using Intel ProSet v15 configured in Manual connection mode but with Maintain Connection setting enabled, I also have the "special" authentification pop-up that alert you that your password is expired, if you try to change it right away, it doesn't work, just like when I was using basic Windows Wi-Fi management. Problem is, after that I logoff and try to logon again, I don't get prompted to the usual "password is expired" logon authentification screen, I need to logon with the expired password.

I want to stay with "Use Windows Credentials", I don't want to go with "Use the following".

Am I doing anything wrong ?

Thank you very much !

Konnan