Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Ivy bridge + 23.976 fps issues (micro stutter and jittering)

idata
Employee

Dear,

My specs are as follows:

Intel core I5 3470

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P

From what I've gathered my issues are due to intel, or in this case the HD2500, not supporting 23.976 fps playback (which I find baffling), my issues mainly consist of micro stutter and jittered playback (which is INCREDIBLY annoying once you notice it and you do notice it).

So concerning this issue, I have 2 questions:

1. Will intel ever fix this? Because I find it rather embarrassing that they can make the best processors in the world, but can not fix this issue to save their arse (they have been promising this a while now...)

2. If not, will this help me out:

http://www.alternate.be/html/product/SAPPHIRE/HD6570_(11191-02-20G)/857510/ SAPPHIRE HD6570 (11191-02-20G)

I need to be sure that option 2 will work, because this HTPC already has cost me blood, sweat and tears (had a lot of set backs, not all intel related).

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Yannick

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Fred_D_Intel
Employee

Hi yannick wellens,

Let me check your inquiry and then I will post the information here.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your response, however I found out that I do not have these issues when directly connecting the HTPC to a Sony Bravia 40 inch lcd TV.

I do have these issues on our 'production' setup which is HTPC -> Yamaha (RXV667)RXV667BL -> Samsung 60 inch LED TV, we did not have these issues with our former HTPC (same receiver/tv) that had an onboard HD6310 gfx card.

Could it be that the HD2500 is either not fast enough or just doesn't play well with external receiver connected to it?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Fred_D_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I very much appreciatie your answer, thank you. It seems we have located the problem, samsung tv seem to have issues with motion plus technology, we had to manualy configure it. That combined with your answer ( which I already did before) seems to fix the issue.

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards

0 Kudos