1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2013 1:46 AM by Ziad Aghar

New DX79TO will not boot

uncle_gary

New DX79TO with i7 3820 processor, 8 Gig of memory, DVD, video card (works in another PC) & new 2 TB hard drive will not boot. On power up, CPU & system fans come on and the Board Status LED "F" flashes green, "K" flashes red and "L" is solid green. The Post Code LED display shows B0. The board then restarts on it's own and all of the indicators stay as already stated.Nothing is displayed on the monitor during this process. This happens regardless of the DX79TO is in the case or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 1. Re: New DX79TO will not boot
          mikec_intel

Hello uncle_gary,

It is necessary to check BIOS settings. Please go to Boot tab an enable UEFI.

You are using Hard Disk Drive of 2TB.

Compatible RAM for i7-3820: DDR3-1066/1333/1600 at 1.5V.

• 2. Re: New DX79TO will not boot
            uncle_gary

Thank you but perhaps I did not word my original post correctly. Evidently I should have said, “Computer does not POST (no beep), No Video, nothing but “On power up, CPU & system fans come on and the Board Status LED "F" flashes green, "K" flashes red and "L" is solid green. The Post Code LED display shows B0.” I did find a thread that said that a DX79TO with an i7-3820 will not post due to the revision of BIOS not being 0460 or greater. Would you agree that this sounds like the trouble I am having, or is there something else you could recommend that I could do?

• 3. Re: New DX79TO will not boot
              Ziad Aghar

Hi Gary, "I'm not calling you uncle ",

I have the same CPU 3820 on DX79SI & I am 100% positive that you need at least the 0460 BIOS version for that CPU to be detected by the board.

However, the Post code B0 means "check Boot Device". So It's as Mike said:

You are using a 2TB HDD, so it will not be detected by the system. You'll have to enable UEFI in the BIOS.

From what I understood your system is not booting so you have to check your BIOS version with that specific CPU, then enable the UEFI in the BIOS.

Keep us updated