1 2 Previous Next 21 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2013 9:44 AM by Diego_Intel

DH61AG CIR problem with new bios

minder

With bios 044 (and older) the CIR receiver from Inteset was working.

After update to 099 and 104 the device is visible in Windows/Linux but no events are received. The same with version 105.

Bios defaults are already loaded and the ir option is enabled.

My board revision is G23736-400.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
          wesco99

I have exactly the same problem with the same mb! I use Linux(XBMC).

Please Help

• 2. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
            Jeff Poss

I noticed seaching for CIR problems that CIR problems seem to exist off and on on all the boards that have the CIR internal header. I have the DG61AG board revision number: G23736-505 which evidently is one of the latest. I still had to update the Bios from version 44 all the way up to 105. I was thinking about getting the Inteset remote with internal IR receiver, but now I'm worried that I may be wasting my money at $38.00. Intel does not seem to care about this problem as I have seen other thread on this sight where people's CIR problem is never resolved. Come on Intel, respond to us. I want to be reassured that the CIR turn on from a "Shut Down" state (S5) will turn the computer on just as if I pressed the start button on the computer. What is your answer?

• 3. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
              twiceinert

Has anyone received a response of any kind on the issue?  I just ran into the exact same problem with my system.  CIR was working great with bios 040, but is unresponsive in OS after update to 099 and 0105.

Intel?  Please respond with something.  My HTPC is basically crippled now since I can control it with my IR remote.  And I can't downgrade to a working bios version either, so I don't know what else try.

• 4. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                Jeff Poss

I e-mailed Intel directly, here was their response. As you can see below, they totally misunderstood my question:

Dear Mr. Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with your motherboard. I reviewed the accessories that came with this board and there is not any CIR included. Please see below documentation:

What's in the box

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh61agl/sb/CS-033723.htm

Specifications on DH61AGL

http://ark.intel.com/products/67708/Intel-Desktop-Board-DH61AGL?wapkw=intel+desktop+board+dh61agl

I believe you are using an All in One desktop. This device might be a gift from the manufacturer of your AIO. I would suggest you to contact the place of purchase of your AIO. They will give you an advice on how to set this CIR.

If you require additional information, I will be happy to provide it.

Important note: Should you need further assistance from us regarding your inquiry, we would highly appreciate if you could simply reply to this email of ours, instead of sending a brand new email, unless it is a different issue/inquiry. Thus, we will be avoiding duplicate incoming emails, and we will not lose track of the email thread.

Sincerely,

========
                Intel Customer Support
                Miguel

Agent is under contract to Intel.

I then responded trying to explain that I built my own computer and I was only referring to an advertizment flyer that was included in my DH61AG motherboard for the Interest Remote and IR receiver and if that is in there then they must have approved it and it should work flawlessly. Here was there response which indicates that he still did not understand the question:

Thank you for contacting Intel
                Customer Support.

Your Consumer IR accessory is an extra on your motherboard. I reviewed the accessories that come with this board
                and there is not any CIR included. The place of purchase included in the package.

Please see below documentation:
                What's in the box

http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/dh61agl/sb/CS-033723.htm

The new BIOS might disable the CIR by default. I would recommend to check the BIOS settings. Additionally it would be necessary to check if you are using the latest Chipset drivers and Management Engine drivers. Latest drivers for your motherboard:

Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device
                Software for Intel® Desktop Boards with 6 Series Chipset v

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22153&lang=eng

Intel® ME 8: Management Engine Driver
                for Intel 6 Series Chipset-Based Desktop Boards v 8.1.0.1248

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21764&lang=eng

Infrared: Nuvoton* Consumer Infrared
                (CIR) v 2.2.2011.128

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=19631&lang=eng

If the problem continues please
                contact the place of purchase.

Important note: Should you need
                further assistance from us regarding your inquiry, we would highly appreciate if
                you could simply reply to this email of ours, instead of sending a brand new
                email, unless it is a different issue/inquiry. Thus, we will be avoiding
                duplicate incoming emails, and we will not lose track of the email
                thread.

Sincerely,

========
                Intel Customer
                SupportMiguel
                A representative of Intel may subsequently
                contact you by email in order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the
                support you received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the
                survey email or follow the instructions to opt-out.

Agent is under contract to Intel.

Well, since then I have contact Jim from the Inteset Remote company about the problem. He contacted Intel and is currently working with them on a solution. He siad that he will let me know when a new BIOS comes out that resolves the problem.

• 5. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                  minder

No, nothing

• 6. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                    minder

It seems 106 does NOT resolve this or the pci card recognition problem.

What's the news from Inteset support?

• 7. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                      Diego_Intel

Could you please use the Intel® System Identification Utility using the following site?

http://www.intel.com/support/siu_la.htm?wapkw=%28siu%29

That will generate an 8 digits code called Report Reference ID.  Please let us have that code, this will provide us information on what is being detected on your system.

In addition, let us have the AA number and Serial number of the motherboard.

What is the part number and manufacturer of the memory sticks you have tested with?

What is the model and wattage of the operating system used?

What is the model and manufacturer of the CIR device installed?

Are there any error messages or conflicts in the Device Manager being logged? If so, please post screenshots of them.

All this information would help on trying to reproduce this issue.

• 8. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                        minder

Report ID: 0192 0447

AA number: AAG23736-400

Serial number: BTAG124000PF

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Inteset IR1-01 (old model without mounting bracket and without red reception LED)

Nuvoton device state: the device is working properly.

But in ressource tab is a conflicting i/o section:

NuvotonDriver.jpg

Some linux log messages (kernel 3.7):

# dmesg

[    2.846534] i2c /dev entries driver

[    2.846715] ACPI Warning: 0x000000000000f040-0x000000000000f05f SystemIO conflicts with Region \_SB_.PCI0.SBUS.SMBI 1 (20120913/utaddress-251)

[    2.846720] ACPI: If an ACPI driver is available for this device, you should use it instead of the native driver

[    2.846781] w83627ehf: Found NCT6775F chip at 0xa00

[    3.215654] Registered IR keymap rc-rc6-mce

[    3.215738] input: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/pnp0/00:0b/rc/rc0/input3

[    3.215839] rc0: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver as /devices/pnp0/00:0b/rc/rc0

[    3.224030] input: HDA Digital PCBeep as /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1b.0/input/input4

[    3.226304] nuvoton_cir: driver has been successfully loaded

[    3.370456] input: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir) as /devices/virtual/input/input10

[    3.370722] IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized

# Xorg.0.0.log

[356565.596] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver (/dev/input/event3)

[356565.596] (**) Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"

[356565.596] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver'

[356565.597] (**) Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: always reports core events

[356565.597] (**) evdev: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: Device: "/dev/input/event3"

[356565.597] (--) evdev: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: Vendor 0x1050 Product 0xb4

[356565.597] (--) evdev: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: Found keys

[356565.597] (II) evdev: Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver: Configuring as keyboard

[356565.597] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pnp0/00:0b/rc/rc0/input3/event3"

[356565.597] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Nuvoton w836x7hg Infrared Remote Transceiver" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"

[356565.597] (II) config/udev: Adding input device MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir) (/dev/input/event10)

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"

[356565.597] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir)'

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): always reports core events

[356565.597] (**) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Device: "/dev/input/event10"

[356565.597] (--) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Vendor 0 Product 0

[356565.597] (--) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Found 3 mouse buttons

[356565.597] (--) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Found relative axes

[356565.597] (--) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Found x and y relative axes

[356565.597] (--) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Found keys

[356565.597] (II) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Configuring as mouse

[356565.597] (II) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): Configuring as keyboard

[356565.597] (**) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5

[356565.597] (**) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200

[356565.597] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/virtual/input/input10/event10"

[356565.597] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir)" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"

[356565.597] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"

[356565.597] (II) evdev: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): initialized for relative axes.

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): (accel) acceleration profile 0

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000

[356565.597] (**) MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir): (accel) acceleration threshold: 4

[356565.597] (II) config/udev: Adding input device MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir) (/dev/input/mouse0)

• 9. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                          Diego_Intel

Good catch, now, let me do some further research with this information you provided and get back to you.

Thank you.

• 10. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                            DavidHTPC

I have what appears to be the same issue as minder reported above.  I have a DH61AG board, AA G23736-505, serial BTAG2430067J, running BIOS 0106.  I am attempting to use an Inteset CIR receiver CIR2-01 with the board with no luck.  I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and there are no issues reported in device manager.  The Nuvoton CIR device reports that it is working properly, but the resources tab shows an I/O range conflict.  I have sent the CIR receiver back to Inteset, and they verified that it is fully functional.  I replaced a perfectly good motherboard in order to add the CIR capabilities, so it has been very frustrating for it to not work.  Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated...has a solution been found yet?DeviceManager.jpg

• 11. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                              Diego_Intel

We are still investigating on this issue. As soon as we have a response, we will let you know.

• 12. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                                lle1967

I am having the same problem as above.

Updating the BIOS rendered the CIR header useless on two separate but identical systems.

Since these function as HTPC to schedule/record and watch TV, the functionality is severely impacted.

The reference number generated by Intel ID utility is 0202 2860

Motherboard Information
                                ModelDH61AG
                                AA NumberAAG23736-400
                                BIOS VendorIntel Corp.
                                BIOS VersionIntel Corp. AGH6110H.86A.0106.2013.0509.1441
                                BIOS Release Date05/09/13
                                System Memory7.2 GB
                                Processor Information
                                ModelIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-3470S CPU @ 2.90GHz
                                CPU Speed2.9 GHz
                                Link to Processor SpecificationLink to Processor Specification
                                CPU Revision17
                                CPU Type00
                                CPU Family06
                                CPU Model3A
                                CPU Stepping9

The CIR device is an Inteset CIR2-01

• 13. Re: DH61AG CIR problem with new bios
                                  Diego_Intel

Thank you for the information lle1967

We are still waiting for an update from the developers, but I have forwarded the information you just provided so they may have more information to investigate.

1 2 Previous Next