Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

Software RAID on srcs28x in arch linux

idata
Employee

Hello I have a server with a RAID controller srcs28x. I need to configure the software RAID (not hardware).

When loading click ctrl G. Delete all logical drives. The remaining 12 physical drives on two controllers. Boot from Arch Linix ISO and do not see any devices in the directory / dev. Lspci command gives both controllers. dmesg similarly.

lsmod vydael that driver loaded megaraid. Tried to load the driver megaraid_sas but it came to nothing lead.

Tell me how do I see the physical disks and then install? Any ideas and links welcome.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Lomaker,

The Intel® RAID Controller SRCS28X is not a "software" RAID controller. It is a hardware RAID controller based on the Intel® IOP331 I/O processor with support for RAID levels from 0, 1, 5, 10, and 50.

Does Arch Linix support and have a driver for the SRCS28X? Intel really only supports Redhat* and SUSE*. There are OpenServer* and Unixware 7.x* drivers available.

The SRCS28X has reached End of Interactive Support status with Intel.

Regards,

john

0 Kudos