2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 5:36 PM by Ruben Ramos

DZ77GA-70K no post, no video!  Help

Shane Anderson

Hello all.  I have a problem with my new build.  I have the INTEL DZ77GA-70K SOCKET LGA1155 MOTHERBOARD, an i7 3770, 8gb of ddr3 1600, BFG 650w power supply, 64gb SSD, 1tb hhd, cdrw and a blue ray drive.  Gtx 560ti 1gb ddr5.  When I start my computer everything powers up.  The video card fan, the case fan, all the lights, the hard drive, the optical drives but I get no video signal.  No beeps.  Regardless of me removing pieces such as  1 or both sticks of ram, video card, or processor.  The screen acts as if its not connected?  I had a friend come over who is better at building a computers and has built many. He tried his video card and still the same results.  The green light on the board is always on?  I was looking up that light and its standby?  I'm not sure.  But that light is always on when there is power.  He came to the conclusion it was a bad board. So I ordered a new one.  It scams in today and I hooked everything up and the exact same thing is happening.  Everything powers up the same way and there is still no video.  So nothing ever comes up on my screen, no logo, no error beeps occur again when I remove hardware. Can anyone help me? Many thanks,  Shane

• 1. Re: DZ77GA-70K no post, no video!  Help
          Ruben Ramos

Hi Shane,

First of all, since it is a first integration, I would like you to double check the integration guide we have in our website:Desktop Boards — Integration guide: Assembly; please make sure to follow step by step.

Also could you please provide the part number of the RAM Memory you are using?

This is a special situation since even without RAM memory you power on the system and no beep in 2 motherboards in a row.

So please follow these troubleshooting steps listed below:

2x2 or 2x4 power connector not plugged in

If the power supply cable with the 2x2 connector or 2x4 connector (depending on your desktop board) is not plugged into the 12V processor core voltage connector located near the processor socket, the system will not boot up. You will see lights onboard and on the chassis front panel and the processor fan will spin, but nothing will appear on the monitor

Processor issues

'No boot' situations can be caused by any of the following:

If you have installed an incompatible processor, the system will not boot. Ensure the selected processor model is correct for your desktop board. Some processors require specific desktop board versions and BIOS revisions. If the processor is compatible, try removing and reinstalling the processor to ensure it is installed correctly.

If the processor overheats, the system may not boot or may shut down shortly after booting.

• Make sure the fans on the processor are connected properly and running.
          • Make sure that the thermal interface material or the thermal grease is applied to the processor properly.
          • Make sure that the power supply fan is running properly and any other external case fans are running properly.
          • Make sure that the air intakes for the external fans are unobstructed and have at least several inches away from walls and other items.

Memory issues

'No boot' situations can be caused by any of the following:

• If you have installed incompatible memory modules, the system may not boot. Verify the memory you've installed has been tested with your board. To find the tested memory list for your board, go to Tested Memory. If the memory is compatible, try removing and reinstalling the memory modules to ensure they are installed correctly.
          • Some desktop boards require you to populate the memory sockets starting with the first socket. The product guide for your desktop board will indicate such a requirement.
          • If you have defective memory modules, the system may not boot. One, two, or three beeps at boot indicate defective memory. To isolate a specific memory module as defective, boot the system with just one memory module installed at a time.

Monitor issues
          'No boot' situations can be caused by monitor configurations. Check the following:

• Make sure the monitor is plugged in and turned on.
          • Make sure the video cable is connected properly at the monitor and the computer.
          • Check the brightness and contrast controls on the monitor. The monitor may be dimmed where you cannot see anything on the monitor.
          • Most monitors have a light indicating its current status:
            • A green light indicates the monitor has sufficient power and is getting a video signal.
            • An amber light appears if the monitor has power but it is not getting a video signal from the computer. This indicates the problem is most likely in the computer.
            • If the light does not turn on at all, it is likely a problem with the monitor itself. Make sure that the monitor is connected to a working AC outlet. If there is an on/off switch for the outlet, make sure the switch is on. If the problem still persists, try replacing the monitor or try the monitor on different AC outlet or a different system.

Power supply and chassis issues
          'No boot' situations can be caused by any of the following power supply, chassis or fan issues:

• Verify that your chassis and power supply is appropriate for the processor model and frequency and the desktop board you have.
            • An ATX12V or SFX12V with the 2x2 connector is required for all Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor-based and higher Intel® Desktop Boards. Power consumption requirements for high-end video cards, sound cards, peripherals, and the Intel Pentium 4 Processor will exceed the typical 5A current capacity of standard ATX & SPX power supplies.
          • Do not use 2x2 power cable adapters with non-compatible older power supplies.
          • Verify that the power supply has the capacity to power all the devices used in your system.
          • Ensure the power cord is firmly connected to the power supply and the AC outlet.
          • If the power supply or the AC outlet has an on/off switch, make sure that it is on.
          • Determine power supply voltage selector setting (230 volts vs. 115 volts) is correct.
          • Check for foreign objects inside the chassis such as screws that may ground the desktop.
          • Attach the desktop board correctly to the chassis base with the spacers/stand- offs. Make sure not to tighten the screws too much.
          • If possible, use a voltmeter to verify that each output from the power supply is correct. If any output is very low (especially the +5 volt output), consider replacing the power supply.
          • If possible, use a voltmeter to verify the PowerGood signal is +5 volts. If the signal is below 1.0 volts, there may be a short or overload causing a constant reset. Consider replacing the power supply.
          • 2. Re: DZ77GA-70K no post, no video!  Help
            Ruben Ramos

Hi Shane,

We would like to know if the troubleshooting steps above helped you with the problem you were facing.