9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 10:21 AM by Franco

RSTCLI Smart Response Technology

Franco

SRT
      Hello

May be this is not the righest area for this question but it's the only about about storage.

I've a computer , HP 9470m, with a 32GB Flash Cache and a 500Gb hard disk. They were configured for Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel Rapid Start technology. This configuration was done at HP Factory.

Now I was trying to use the intel utility RSTCLI or RSTCLI64, depending of the OS , but when I execute , in a CMD prompt Windows of Windows 7 64bit or in WinPE 32 bit, the command rstcli.exe I always get the message "could not get system information" and "Could not get system info" and "1" , in 3 different lines.

If in Windows 7 I start the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) GUI , I see the flash cache and the disk and I can configure the SRT in this way.

My goal is to find a way the configure the intel RST from a bacth file in WinPE.

I put the request here because a standard SSD can be used as a cache device for a standard HDD.

Do some of you ever tryed this utility that can be downloaded from Intel Download center ?

the file name is RSTCLI11_7_1013_CLI_Tools.zip.

Many Thanks

Franco