Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RSTCLI Smart Response Technology

FCena
New Contributor

SRT

Hello

May be this is not the righest area for this question but it's the only about about storage.

I've a computer , HP 9470m, with a 32GB Flash Cache and a 500Gb hard disk. They were configured for Intel Smart Response Technology and Intel Rapid Start technology. This configuration was done at HP Factory.

Now I was trying to use the intel utility RSTCLI or RSTCLI64, depending of the OS , but when I execute , in a CMD prompt Windows of Windows 7 64bit or in WinPE 32 bit, the command rstcli.exe I always get the message "could not get system information" and "Could not get system info" and "1" , in 3 different lines.

If in Windows 7 I start the Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) GUI , I see the flash cache and the disk and I can configure the SRT in this way.

My goal is to find a way the configure the intel RST from a bacth file in WinPE.

I put the request here because a standard SSD can be used as a cache device for a standard HDD.

Do some of you ever tryed this utility that can be downloaded from Intel Download center ?

the file name is RSTCLI11_7_1013_CLI_Tools.zip.

Many Thanks

Franco

9 REPLIES 9

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi Franco,

Try using Run As Administrator when you open the command prompt. That got rid of the "could not get system information" message for me.

Hello Ken

thank for the reply

I'm already Administrator of my Win 7 testing notebook. in any case I tryed but I got the same result.

In WinPE you are always administrator, so you should always have the right.

I was thinking that you need some other software , but the GUI works fine , so ...... ????

If I run rstcli64.exe also on another computer with Win 7 64bit, in a CMD prompt opened as administrator, I still get the same error message.

Bye

Hi Franco,

Can you post a screen shot of what happens on your Win 7-64 system when you open a CMD prompt using "Run As Administrator" and issue this command:

RSTCLI64 -I

(that's a capital "i" for the parameter)

Thanks.

FCena
New Contributor

Hello Ken

I always get the same message, using rstcli without any option or with any of the available options, such as -I or -V or --version . this is just an example

Bye

Franco