Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Help, can't install hd 3000 drivers.

idata
Employee

Hello all, I have an acer Aspire 7750g with an i7 2670qm processor, hm65 chipset and amd 6650m card running windows 7 64 bit.

I do not see the intel hd 3000 in device manager and when i try the drivers from either acer or intel's site i get a message saying i do not meet the system requirements... any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

I had a very similar sounding situation with a newly built desktop PC using a high end Premium Asus motherboard.

I could not get the drivers to install, it kept saying that my system didn't meet the minimum requirements, even though I had a 3770K CPU and the iGPU was enabled in the Bios.

I did finally manage to get the drivers installed, although that is as far as I have got so far, Quick Sync will still not function. I disabled render standby in my Bios and after that and a reboot, the iGPU frequency was showing in the Bios and the drivers and Lucid Logix installed successfully, or at least that is how it appeared at the time. The Quick Sync files, dll's, don't seem to be present and no application will use Quick Sync.

I don't have a display attached to the Intel graphics which I had hoped Lucid Logix would deal with but it doesn't look like it is.

I don't know much about laptops so I will take a quick guess. Can you enter your Bios and enable the Intel iGPU? It's whether the Intel graphics is able to function if Acer added a separate GPU.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I do not think i can enable intels igpu through bios, the only video options are enable peg and ati express.

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ryan.closter,

Please note that your computer uses switchable graphics configuration. This type of configuration needs special drivers.

A computer with switchable graphics will need to use special drivers because the system itself will select automatically what Graphics card wants to use depending on the graphics usage or will use both at the same time.

Note that these drivers are provided by the computer manufacturer only and our drivers will not work properly in your system due to the special configuration.

I suggest you updating the drivers to the latest version from the system manufacturer website including the BIOS chipset.

You can get their contact information below:

http://www.acer.com/ www.acer.com

800-816-2237

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for your reply, I have tried using the driver on Acer's website but to no avail, I still get the same system requirements message...

0 Kudos
Kevin_M_Intel
Employee

Hello ryan.closter,

I am sorry to hear you are still having problems.

You can also try our generic drivers. You may give it a try and it is possible that will work. You can get our latest generic driver at the following link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=22628&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207%20%2864-bit%29*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09

0 Kudos