2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 5:41 PM by Dan_Intel

HD3000 - iGPU problems

Sasa Veliky

Hi guys,

I've a bit of problem with my HD3000. I was using this iGPU with my GTX680 via Lucid Logix Virtu ocassionaly, but most of time I lef it off.

But now, when I want to turn iGPU on in bios, it usually do not boot (boots with black screen and then shutdown) or when I scale the slider in O.C. Assistant it freezes. I have tried it with some of my OC as well with default settings of BIOS. My question is - is the iGPU damaged? Or is there a way how to find it?

My rig:

Intel i5 2500k

Intel DZ77GA-70k
      Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4 DDR3 1600

Nvidia GTX680

Kingston HyperX 120GB

and sadly.. Windows 8

Thanks for any ideas and suggestions in advance.

• 1. Re: HD3000 - iGPU problems
          Ruben Ramos

Hi Sasa Veliky,

First of all, could you please clarify if you are using straight connection? I mean straight video cable without any adapter or converters.

Also remember that if you go ahead and install the video card, then the onboard video will be disable, so if you will use onboard video remember to remove the video card first, install the driver and then try it again.

Lucid Virtu software is able to assign tasks in real time to the best available graphics resources based on power, performance and features considerations, with no need for additional hardware. If high end graphics power is needed for applications like DirectX* 11, high-resolution 3D gaming, the system will assign the job to the discrete GPU. If not, the discrete GPU automatically goes into idle mode, while heat drops, fan speed slows down and GPU utilization goes down to zero, resulting in a green, power-efficient, long-lasting system.

Download the driver: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21182&keyword=Lucid+Virtu&DownloadType=Software+Applications&lang=eng

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: HD3000 - iGPU problems
            Dan_Intel

Hello Sasa Veliky,

In addition, you can proceed to remove the graphics card from the PCI Express* slot to force the integrated graphics controller from the processor to work and determine if it is defective indeed or not.