1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2013 1:01 PM by kevin_intel

Thundrebolt Windows Computer to Thunderbolt iMac 27

Ian

Hi guys,

I have a Windows computer with thunderbolt out G75VX ( New edition has it ). The problem I am having is that the thunderbolt cable that is connected from the laptop to the iMac does not work. The iMac is from 2012 so it is also thunderbolt. I am unsure if this has to do with the fact the laptop does not have an intel graphics chip but instead just a dedicated Nvidia Graphics chip. Anyone else try this/able to get this to work?

Cheers,

Ian

• 1. Re: Thundrebolt Windows Computer to Thunderbolt iMac 27
          kevin_intel

Hello Ian,

I understand you are having problems to connect your computer to a monitor using Thunderbolt port.

Based on your description, it seems that your computer has switchable graphics. This means that your system have the Intel® HD graphics controller and a dedicated video card, in your case the Nvidia Chip and the computer may select what Graphics card wants to use or you also have the possibility to select what  Graphics controller you want to use.

Since your computer has this special configuration, it requires special drivers. We as Intel® provide the hardware to the system manufacturers like Dell, HP, Toshiba, Acer, etc… and they will design and create custom drivers specifically for their systems. Due to this, it is necessary to get the drivers directly from the system manufacturer.

1. Thanks.