3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2013 10:22 PM by m6bigdog

DZ77GA-70K Network Adapter disconnected upon waking

m6bigdog

My system has recently started coming out of sleep mode with the 82579V network adapter disconnected, however inconstantly.

A dialog box indicated the network adapter has disconnected due to an error.

Other application dialog boxes complain that they cannot connect to the network.

Intel Driver Version is 12.2.45.0 from the latest ProWin7_64_18 upgrade.

Under Properties only the [allow computer to turn off this device to save power] is selected.

To temporarily get the network reconnected I go into Device Manager and Disable and re-Enable the network adapter
      and all is well until wakes from sleep mode.

Thanks, Rod...

• 1. Re: DZ77GA-70K Network Adapter disconnected upon waking
          Dan_Intel

Hi,

If the system is not setup in the BIOS to "wake from LAN" from "sleep state" our first recommendation will be manually downloading and installing the latest LAN driver from our website:

Download Center

If it is, please provide a more detailed description of the problem to better understand the issue you are having.

• 2. Re: DZ77GA-70K Network Adapter disconnected upon waking
            m6bigdog

Dan,

Thanks for the suggestion.

The BIOS LAN power setting selected is [stay off].

The OS is Win7 x64.

As I indicated in the original post the LAN disconnect occurs with the latest Driver Package.

However, the actual 82579V network adapter Driver Version 12.2.45.0 is the same for both ProWin7_64_17 and ProWin7_64_18 [PRO Network Connection for Windows 7] driver upgrades.

• 3. Re: DZ77GA-70K Network Adapter disconnected upon waking
              m6bigdog

Dan_Intel,

Respectfully, given the exactness requirements of computer system configuration and troubleshooting terms such as "latest" without the details of the specific driver numbers or driver package will be confusing or will become confusing as soon as a new driver release is available and the latest becomes the previous.

When I started this post the latest and now the previous driver was from the ProWin7_64_18 LAN driver set and the driver for the 82579V network adapter was [12.2.45.0].  This LAN driver package has recently been updated to ProWin7_64_18.1 while the release date remains unchanged from ProWin7_64_18 LAN package.

I just installed the newest ProWin7_64_18.1 LAN driver set and the driver for the 82579V network adapter [12.6.45.0] has been update from the driver in package 18. However in reviewing the Release Notes there is no reference to the specifics for the 82579V [12.6.45.0] driver changes.

I will report back as soon as I can determine any system performance changes.

• 4. Re: DZ77GA-70K Network Adapter disconnected upon waking
                m6bigdog

It has been a week since I installed the ProWin7_64_18.1 LAN update and the disconnect after sleep has not reoccurred.  So I anticipate the LAN update from 18 to 18.1 solved the problem