Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4873 Discussions

ISCSI Boot Issue w/ IBM 3650 M4 embedded 4-port I350?

idata
Employee

All,

I was wondering if there is a timed mechanism built into the embedded 4-port I350 that would affect the ISCSI boot process. 

I currently have an issue where the I can successfuly boot from say NIC Port0, but if I move my connection to NIC Port3 and configure the attempt again, it will not establish a connection. It cannot login and the IP cannot be hit with a ping. 

Here is the setup:

IBM 3650 M4 w/ UEFI configured with 1 attempt for NIC3. IQN settings as well as IP's verified for the Host and SAN.

Netapp 3170 w/ a LUN containing a Windows 2008 R2 OS, mapped and presented to the IBM

Both connected to a Brocade MLXe Switch.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for posting to our site.

What do you mean by moving the connection? Did you physically move a cable from port 0 to port 3? If so, did you also change the configuration of the Intel I350 to indicate that it should use port 3 for iSCSI?

thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Patrick, yes that is correct. We wanted to use one cable, and so we would move the one cable to each port, then reconfigure the attempt to use that port we had moved too.

0 Kudos
Patrick_K_Intel1
Employee

Ok, then you should be able to configure Port 0 as the PRIMARY port, and then configure Port 3 as the SECONDARY one. That way if you unplug port 0, it will try and use port 3.

Please give that a try and let us know how it goes.

thanx,

Patrick

0 Kudos