2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 4:15 PM by Bill

My Computer Won't Turn Off Completely And Not Booting Properly.

Bill

why when i shutdown my computer it won't shutdown completely like my monitor is now off but my cpu is still running the fan is running and the leds lights and my numlock in keyboard is also lights and when i press num lock it wont blink. please help me about this my friend tell me that to change my power supply and now i bought a new 500w power supply then nothing happens its still wont turn off completely. i check my bios "HARDWARE MONITORING" i saw in there that my motherboard temp is -1c and the +12v is 38v +5 is 8v +3.3v is 6v.

Now my computer wont boot properly, when i turn on my computer it is not booting properly because it is too slow than normal computers and the windows loading was loaded.

please help me about this guys because i dont have any money to buy a new board and 3 of my hard drive was not working because of this problem hope you guys help me thanks.

• 1. Re: My Computer Won't Turn Off Completely And Not Booting Properly.
          Victor_Intel

Hello Bill,

It will help us a lot if you provide your system configuration including your motherboard, processor, memory and power supply.

From the information that you provided, the motherboard temperature seems to be wrong, if it is reading it like -1 then it could be a short on the system and taking the motherboard out of the chassis will be the first thing to try.

Regards.

• 2. Re: My Computer Won't Turn Off Completely And Not Booting Properly.
            Bill

Motherboard: INTEL DG41RQ_

Processor: Intel E7500 2.93GHZ Core 2 Duo

Memory: 2gb Kingmax DDR2 667MHZ, 2gb Strontium DDR2 667MHZ = 4gb

Power Supply:HKC 500W ATX

Hard Drive: 250GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA

Graphics Card: 1gb Nvidia Geforece 9500GT

when i bought the motherboard it is bundled with processor. now thats the spec of my desktop and now i try to open my computer then "Hardware Monitoring" in Bios i found that my mobo temp is back to 30C again it's now normal but it wont complete shutdown. please help me victor thanks.