Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20620 Discussions

How to save monitor-settings per computer?

idata
Employee

first of all: sorry, my english is not so good, and i hope you understand what i mean.

is it possible to save the monitor-settings (resolution an position of the monitor) for each user on each computer?

The company i work for,uses Microsoft Windows XP with Active-Directory and roaming profiles.

The Problem:

If a user works on more than one computer (of course, not at the same time...) and there are different monitor-setups on each computer (models, resolution and positions), how can the different monitor-settings be saved to use it automaticaly, but only on this computer?

If the same user changes the workspace and logged in to another computer the monitor/display-settings from the previously logged on computer will be used.

I know, there is the possibility of creating profiles inside the intel-driver, but the user needs to manualy activates these profiles by himself, which would not be very practical.

Is ist possible to save these settings by computer and not by user?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DArce
Valued Contributor III

Let me do some research on possible options for this configuration and get back to you on this.

Thank you for your patience.

0 Kudos
DArce
Valued Contributor III

I have checked and this option is not available in our drivers.

However I have forwarded this feedback for a possible consideration in the future for a feature like this.

0 Kudos