3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 9:29 AM by Ruben Ramos

Front panel pins

jinglis

Hi, I accidentally unplugged the four cables which make up the Front panel range of pins and don't know the order to put them back in. I went to this website http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15991/eng/DG45ID_ProductGuide01_English.pdf and it tells you stuff under Front Panel Header but I still can't seem to get them in the right order. There's also a color label in the computer case but what it does not show is where the white cable of each pair should go. Can anyone help. I can't turn my computer back on.

• 1. Re: Front panel pins
          Ruben Ramos

Hi jinglis,

The link you accessed is correct, on page 44 you will find the configuration for the front panel pins; talking about On/Off and Reset pins, there is no positive or negative side, because all it does is a bridge in between these two pins, so don’t worry about where to plug the white cable, as long you plug both cables from the power button in the red pins. And it is the same with Reset button.

Any question let us know.

• 2. Re: Front panel pins
            jinglis

Hello Ruben, thankyou for your lightning quick response. I put all the pins on but the machine still did not start. This all started because my machine would only boot up half way through Windows and then hang. I thought I'd reseat all the cables on the motherboard and reseat the memory. Big Mistake!  But I reseated all the stuff again and something must have been loose because now my pc turns on and boots up. Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Front panel pins
              Ruben Ramos

Hi jinglis,

It's our pleasure! so it looks like you resolved your problem, excellent!

Anytime you have a question, please feel free to contact us again.