1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 5:54 PM by Dan_Intel

After a recent move, my computer refuses to boot up - DX58SO

tdk650mb

After a recent apartment move, my computer refuses to boot up. I have DX58SO motherboard. When I try to power up my computer, I hear what I think are 4 beeps (not 3) - Tiiiiii Tiiii Tiiiiii Tiiii. It then shuts down.

I am guessing it can't be a Memory issue because that would reported via 3 beeps as per the Product Guide. There was no mention of 4 beeps in the product guide.

I would really appreciate any help in troubleshooting this.

Here's my complete computer configuration:

Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650-Watt TX Series 80 Plus Certified Power Supply compatible with Intel Core i7 and Core i5

Intel DX58SO Extreme Series X58 ATX Tri-Channel DDR3 16GB SLI or CrossFireX LGA1366 Overclocking Utility Desktop Board

2 of Kingston ValueRAM 4GB Kit (2x2GB Modules) 1066MHz DDR3 Desktop Memory (KVR1066D3K2/4GR)

LG Electronics 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Internal Drive GH24NS50 (Black)

Intel Core i7 Processor i7-930 2.80GHz 8 MB LGA1366 CPU, Retail BX80601930

Seagate Barracuda 7200 1 TB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive ST31000528AS-Bare Drive

EVGA nVidia GeForce GTS 250 1 GB DDR3 2DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Video Card 01G-P3-1158-TR

Cooler Master CM 690 II Advance ATX Mid-Tower Case (RC-692-KKN2)

Thank you!

• 1. Re: After a recent move, my computer refuses to boot up - DX58SO
          Dan_Intel

Hi,

We would like to inform you that 4 beep codes are related to graphics card or motherboard failure most of the times.

Here are our recommendations for this issue:

- Clear the CMOS battery for 30 minutes.

- Test the system out of the chassis, unplug the power cord, remove all non-basic components, connect the power cord back in and try to boot up the system.  If problem does not take place, try installing the other components one at the time until you find out which is the conflicting one. 

- Remove all memory looking for beep codes.

- Test the system with a different graphics card if possible to narrow the issue properly.