1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2009 1:15 PM by Aryan2411

I just installed MB DG35EC andcore 2 processser . I can't get my sata drive to registar  any thoughts anyone? Ray

ray10125

I just installed a new motherboard And cpu  DG35EC  and intel Core 2  I have connected the sata power conector and the sata lead from the hard drive to one of  the four sata connections on the board. The system posts but there is no hard drive shown in the bios. I would appreciate any ideas. Thanks  Ray

• 1. Re: I just installed MB DG35EC andcore 2 processser . I can't get my sata drive to registar  any thoughts anyone? Ray
          Aryan2411

Hi there,

Please see my previous RESPONSE in your previous POST. There are a couple of tests to do before.

Since you have 4 SATA drives, try these steps below.

Are there any drives that are recognised in the BIOS?
          Try each drives one by one on each SATA Ports, and note down if the SATA drives are recognised when connected alone.
          Make sure you get the drive recognised when SATA is Configured AS IDE in the IDE.
          If each drives work fine when connected alone on the SATA Port, try to add the second drive and see if it is still recognised.
          Do the same steps till you have reached your fourth drive.

It could be a problem with the power supply not being able to handle a certain amount of drives as well.

This is why only by doing these tests, you can find out.

Let me know the result for each tests so that i can help further.

Kind Regards,

Aryan.