idata
Employee

Hi,

I have the following in my PC:-

Processor:-

Intel P4 3.0GHz HT //Prescott //478 mPGA socket // 90mm

Motherboard:-

Intel 865GBF

My processor is pretty fast(not as much the top end core 2 duo extreme or nehalem, but definitely faster and usual 2ghz core 2 duo etc) but my M/B only has DDR1 slots and not PCIe or PCIeX slots that are used now a days for

the gaming or graphic card as AGP's are pretty obsolete and comparitively costly.

So can you please suggest some M/B's which have DDR2/DDR3 slots and the recent PCIe and PCIeX as well which are

compatible with my processor.

Regards,

Pradipto Moitra

P.S.:- I live in Delhi, India

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi there,

I think that these board will support your CPU. But unfortunately, none of them supports DDR2 memory.

Intel® 875 Chipset Based Desktop Boards

Intel® Desktop Board D875PBZ

Intel® 865 Chipset Based Desktop Boards

Intel® Desktop Board D865PCK

Intel® Desktop Board D865PERL

Intel® Desktop Board D865GVHZ

Intel® Desktop Board D865GSA

Intel® Desktop Board D865GRH

Intel® Desktop Board D865GLC

Intel® Desktop Board D865GBF

To be honest with you, this boards are discontinued and Intel does not provide any support for this. So if you are planning to buy new memory and hardware, personally, i think that it is best for you to change for a better, change the cpu as well and get a much better board.

Think well.

Kind regards,

Aryan.
idata
Employee

Thanks for replying Aryan,

I know my situation is pretty tricky but If I change the processor then definitely that would be very late this year when Nehalem would be lot cheaper, 8 cores

would be more common and HT would make a proper return and that involves considerable cost as well as nothing else would be left to change after all what

would be left for me 2 keep would be just the HDD and the DVDRW as RAM. MB, pro and probably cabinet + SMPS would all need to be changed to match the

latest procesor req. Now thats not what I intend to do as of now.

I surely believe Intel would have released some new boards with DDR2/DDDR3 which are compatible with my processor

Regards,

Pradipto

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi there,

As I said ealier, I dont think that there is any Intel Board that supports your CPU and DDR2/3. The unfortunate thing is that Intel does not make anymore boards that supports your CPU. It is already discontinued and probably end of life.

Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos