0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2013 4:51 PM by Biswadip Majumdar

Solution For: "Rise of Nations" PC Game has Issue / Error / Problem with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3150 Video Card in Windows 7 for Netbooks with 1024 X 600 Resolution. [ Unsupported Graphics Card / Initialization Failed / Wide Screen Issue ]

Biswadip Majumdar

Solution For: "Rise of Nations" PC Game has Issue / Error / Problem with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3150 Graphics Video Card in Windows 7 for Netbooks with 1024 X 600 Resolution. [ Unsupported Graphics Card Issue / Initialization Failed / Wide Screen Issue ]

Issue:-

=====

(1)Netbook having Intel GMA 3150 Graphics Card, not supporting the game "Rise of Nations" in Windows 7.

(2)Notebook Wide Screen Issue for "Rise of nations".

===============================================================

Reason:-

======

1) Graphics card issue. [of course it is].

2) Display resolution Issue. [Of Course. As the Minimum Resolution for playing "Rise of nation" is 1024X768].

Solution:-

=======

[Solution to Issue 1]:- (1)Netbook having Intel GMA 3150 Graphics Card, not supporting the game "Rise of Nations" in Windows 7.

Well, as the game "Rise of nations" having 1024X768 Minimum resolution. So, the Windows 7 should be supporting a resolution Physically or Virtually equal or more than 1024X768. So, what we will do is: we will change the registry setting in Windows 7 to avail the higher resolutions like: [1024X768] and [1152X864]. But, Virtually.

Way to do: Go to Start: Run: [Regedit]: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM

Now, Search for the "Value Name": [Display1_DownScalingSupported]

And Once found, Change the value Data to "1". By default, it will be "0".

Now, apply the new value. Restart your machine. And check the "Reslution". You can find two new Resolutions:

[1024X768] and [1152X864]

Set to [1024X768] and start "Rise of Nations". It will run smoothly. If not, then feel free to mail me at "spisteel@gmail.com" or contact me via Facebook [Facebook Name: "Biswa Dip" or, using "biswa.cyber@facebook.com"]

For me the registry location was:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000

For you it will be different (Registry Entry Location).

[Solution to Issue 2]:- (2)Notebook Wide Screen Issue for "Rise of nations".

Wide Screen issue happens because the "Rise of nations" does not support your current resolution properly. So do as below:

After you register a Player name when first time playing "Rise of nations", it creates user setting folder inside:-

"C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\"

Edit this file:-

"C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\rise2.ini"

Or,

find the "rise2.ini" inside the "Rise of Nations" Installation Directory. Change wherever you find it or in the both locations if available.

Like Below:-

===========================

Windowed Width=1024

Windowed Height=764

AllowAllResolutions=1

===========================

Change the above Settings, change AllowAllResolutions=1 [by deafult it's "0"] and change "Windowed Width/Height" as per your need.

That's all. Done! If you have issues doing it, then feel free to mail me at "spisteel@gmail.com" or contact me via Facebook [Facebook Name: "Biswa Dip" or, using "biswa.cyber@facebook.com"]