3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2013 10:33 AM by

Respond to Ping

Good afternoon,

Is there a way to programatically check/uncheck the 'Respond to Ping' option found in the vPro WebGUI?  I would like to do this using Powershell, but any method would be helpful.  I can't locate this setting anywhere but within the WebGUI.  In fact, even when I run the SCSDiscovery tool this setting isn't represented in the registry.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Respond to Ping
          Joseph Oster

Greetings,

Changing your setting for "Respond to Ping can be performed in several ways.

1) If your using SCS, you can push a re-provision to the client, with an appropriate profile with the Ping enabled/disabled

2) WebUI

3) Power Shell can also be used to perform this task remotely, see the Intel(R) AMT SDK Implementation and Reference Guide (snippet) on how to perform this task- search for " Set/Get General Network Settings"

Let me know if you have any further questions

Joe

• 2. Re: Respond to Ping

Hello Joe,

Thanks for your response.  I was aware of the WebUI method and was trying to take the Powershell approach.  However, I'm having some difficulty.  When checking the WebUI to confirm whether or not the PingResponseEnabled setting was changed, I see that it wasn't.  However, when I output the array members to a text file, the setting has changed.

Not sure what I'm missing, as it seems fairly straightforward.

Thank you.

Anthony

• 3. Re: Respond to Ping
              Joseph Oster

Hello Anthony

When I validated the powershell approach on friday, It worked as expected.

What make & model system are you using?

As well as BIOS and firmware Versions?

Joe

• 4. Re: Respond to Ping

Silly me!  I realized my mistake.

I had commented out the PUT statement.  Now it's functional.

Thank you for your help

Anthony

• 5. Re: Respond to Ping

I tried replying the other day but it didn't go through.  Apparently I wasn't using the 'Put' statement.  Thanks for you assistance.

Anthony