3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2013 4:15 PM by Mark Lloyd

Startup & Restart Issues

Mark Lloyd

Anyone seeing issues when restarting from o/s??

o/s appears to shutdown fine and monitor goes to sleep but the NUC then never boots correctly. The power button is lit and a little SSD activity is seen but the BIOS screen never appears.

Power off is reqd for NUC to boot.

Also sometime and only on the odd occasion so I also see that the on power on via button that the BIOS fails to appear. Wake On Lan however appears to be flawless.

Only BIOS change I have attempted is to disable 'fast-start' in case that was causing the issue but its still happening even after that change.

Appreciate any feedback from the community to see if this has been seen.

• 1. Re: Startup & Restart Issues
          Freddy Gonzalez

Hello Mark Lloyd,

Please let us know the model of your NUC for further investigation on this matter.

• 2. Re: Startup & Restart Issues
            Mark Lloyd

Hi

DC32171YE

I have been testing with Server 2008 and 2012 which is probably not strictly supported on that motherboard but the same still happens on Windows 8 also.

It doesn't seem to be O/S related IMHO.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Startup & Restart Issues
              Mark Lloyd

Hi

I have also just updated my unit to latest release BIOS (Version 0040) which I was emailed about a few days ago.

BIOS upgrade went fine and O/S started fine. Then performed a restart as I wanted to go into BIOS to confirm versions etc etc and the restart failed. The unit is just sitting there with solid blue power light and no video.

As I now have some apps running on the NUC unit I thought I might just test them via remote and they are up and running so the system actually did start fine! Great news.

This actually appears to be more of a video issue now where the monitor is not sensing any video output or some thing like that.

Regards