1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2013 9:57 AM by victor@intel

Advanced-N 6235 adapter unable to find networks. Bluetooth not finding either.

ians

Hi all:

I just installed an Advanced-N 6235 mini PCIe adapter into a DQ77KB motherboard. (The system works flawlessly with a USB-N53 adapter from Asus. That is how I am typing this. 4 wireless networks are available to the Asus adapter)

When I inserted the card, it went in easily at about a 40* angle. I had to apply pressure to keep it flat when inserting the 2 little end screws. Is that how it should be done?

I downloaded the latest Windows 8 64-bit drivers from the Intel site. 15.6.0.19 is the driver version installed. When I run Intel PROSet Wireless -> WiFi Manual Diagnostics - Run Tests, it says the hardware is enabled, the 15.6.0.19 driver is loaded and the radio is on, but the scan test fails.

Do I need to do anything else to get it to scan properly? Is there anything special I need to set in the Advanced properties?

Also, the bluetooth scan of a new keyboard doesn't work. It found the keyboard once (after many failed attempts), appeared to load the drivers, allowed me to type about 4 characters, and then lost the connection permanently. It cannot find it again when I scan. It appears that there are a lot of bluetooth drivers installed on my system.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd really like to get this working and free up 2 USB ports on my DQ77KB.

Thank you.