Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Re: Intel® Desktop Processors that support Intel® vPro™ technology

idata
Employee

I recently bought an i7-3770 and wanted to see which motherboards support its vPro feature. Prominently displayed on the front page of this vPro Expert Center is the post "Intel Desktop Processors that support Intel vPro technology", original date 2010 but updated on Jan 2, 2013. I'm not sure what updates were applied on January 2, but this list is horribly wrong. Apparently the actual list of processors that support vPro is found from this link on the Ark page:

http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?VProTechnology=true&MarketSegment=DT ARK | Advanced Search

so I'm not sure what that post should have in it other than the above link. Even worse, the very first line of that post shows a processor with a 9.93GHz clock rate, so whoever entered that data by hand was having a bad day.

But more generally, what is the future of vPro technology with Intel leaving the motherboard business? What other manufacturers offer vPro motherboards? Has Intel laid out a migration plan for vPro?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Cheers,

Lester

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Yes, the fact that Intel is getting out of the motherboard business is a MAJOR CONCERN for vPro users.

We have tried many different vPro motherboards and only the Intel ones has the proper documentation and support (e.g. BIOS upgrades).

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There are several board vendors that offer chipsets that support vPro. ASUS, MSI, GigaByte, just to name a few. You can reference this website http://www.ark.intel.com/ www.ark.intel.com to verify chipsets and processors that has vPro capabilities.

1. Go to ark.intel.com.
  2. Choose Desktop Products from the list on the left.
  3. Choose Boards
  4. From the right pane, chose View All. That will give you a list of all desktop boards.
  5. Choose All from the column marked Compare.
  6. Choose Compare Now from the upper pane.
  7. Scroll down to the advanced technologies section of the specifications and find Intel vPro Technology.
  8. Scroll across until you find YES in the Intel vPro Technology row.
0 Kudos