3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2013 9:42 PM by jiten23bisht

Intel DH61CR Desktop Board

Colin Ramsden

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping that someone on here help!

Basically, I've just bought an Intel DH61CR desktop board and a Celeron 1610 for a home server project, the board CPU and some legacy RAM that I have appear to work fine, however.....

When I add my Dell PERC H700 PCI-E 2.0 RAID controller (rebranded LSI card) to the PCI-E x16 slot, the computer fails to boot.

I get the Intel splash screen with the usual option to press F2 to enter the BIOS etc. (at this point I get a code of 98 in the bottom right hand corner for about 20 seconds).

A legacy DOS type of screen then appears with the options to enter the configuration settings for the PERC card (as expected, but pressing the key combination does not work!).

The Intel spash screen then re-appears and just hangs with the code EB in the bottom right hand corner (I've left it in this state for about 20 minutes before powering off).

Even if I press F2, I do not get to enter the BIOS.

I'm at work at the moment so I'm not sure of the BIOS revision, but from memory I seem to recall the board revision as ??????-207.

I know this is not a server board, but I don't see any reason why the RAID controller would not work, unless its something to do with the board being UEFI (I've never had one of these before, so I know nothing about them).

The RAID controller worked perfectly in a Dell XPS 720 (very old) and a Dell Precision T7400 (quite old).  As far as i'm aware, the card is not locked to Dell machines.

Here is a picture of the card: http://1000servers.com/media/catalog/product/cache/5/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/d/e/dell_perc_h700_0hcr2y.jpg

• 1. Re: Intel DH61CR Desktop Board
          jiten23bisht

Hi Colin,

Iam not sure that below mentioned scenarios will resolve this issue, but you can give it a try..

1. First remove the card , then try to boot . Check if its working or not . If its giving display & booting properly. Then flash the latest BIOS available i.e 0113 . Follow BIOS flashing procedure as mentioned below.

Link: Desktop Boards — Instructions for F7 BIOS Flash update

Note:

If your system’s current BIOS version is 0048 or earlier, you must

first update to version 0099 before updating to 0109 or later.

BIOS version 0099 added support for Microsoft Windows 8*. Due to

structural changes in this BIOS version, once a board has been

converted to this version or later, it will no longer be possible to

downgrade the BIOS to version 0048 or earlier. Attempting a BIOS

downgrade to a previous version may fail – the board BIOS will remain

at its current version.

Now .. install your RAID card .. hope its working ..

• 2. Re: Intel DH61CR Desktop Board
            Victor_Intel

Hello Colin, before you try the update, there is another step that might help. Please go to the boot tab and find the option called expansion card text and enable it, this will sometimes allows the RAID cards to be recognized.

Regards.

• 3. Re: Intel DH61CR Desktop Board
              jiten23bisht

thnx for tip .. i'll keep that in mind