3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2013 12:56 AM by Horst

DH77KC sometimes does not come up

infowesop

I have a desktop board DH77KC, which shows sometimes a strange behaviour. When I turn it on, the cooler goes up but no beep or anything is heard. There is also no video output. Reset does not solve the problem nor does complete powering off. If I push the power button long to shut off, some beep sounds are heard and the computer goes off. But turning on again does still not solve the issue. Only if I pull out power cord and let it out for some time the computer starts again. Is there anything known about such a problem with DH77KC? What do the beeping sounds mean when turning off the computer by pushing power button long time? I suppose that these beep sounds are given from DH77KC, but could not find any hint about what they might mean since there is only information about beep codes while starting up and not while shutting down.

Any hints about where to start here?

Thanks a lot

Stefan

• 1. Re: DH77KC sometimes does not come up
          Horst

I had also big problems, when i used the onboard graphics. Intel support has directed me to the old bios version from june last year. This has worked better. But to fix all issues i have added a additional graphic card.

best regards

Horst

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DH77KC sometimes does not come up
            infowesop

Hello Horst,

thank you for the quick reply. Did you had a thread in the forums about that problem or did you directly contact the Intel support? Did they recommend any special addin graphic card?

Thank you

Stefan

• 3. Re: DH77KC sometimes does not come up
              Victor_Intel

Hello, sometimes you can find a compatibility problem with video cards and unfortunately we don't have a list of compatible or tested ones.

In some occasions, using an older BIOS will help you, but it will be to test to check if one works for you.

The beep tones that you get can mean different things, to check the meaning of the beep tones try looking in to the Technical Product Specification for the motherboard found on the following web site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3438&DwnldID=20952&keyword=DH77KC&lang=eng

Regards

• 4. Re: DH77KC sometimes does not come up
                infowesop

Hello Victor_Intel,

thanks for your message. Currently I do use the onboard graphics of DH77KC and have the problems described in my first post. Currently I am thinking about using an additional graphic card as suggested by Horst. Do you know if there is a common problem with DH77KC onboard graphics?

Regarding beep tones I checked the product spec, but there are only beep tones mentioned while booting. As I have explained in my first post the beeps occur if I power off by holding power button long time. And I could not find something about this in prod spec.

Regards

Stefan

• 5. Re: DH77KC sometimes does not come up
                  Horst

Hello Stefan,

i have contacted intel by phone. I think the right bios was something with version 59. With this the pc has runned, but sometimes the screen was black and every time i have switched the screen off and on, resolution or colors have changed or all open windows have moved.

I have used a ATI Radeon HD5670 from Sapphire first and now a HD5870.

I had the problems on the display link port with a 27" screen. I have selected this board, because it supports big screens with the onboard graphic.

best regards

Horst