8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2009 9:11 PM by kraekan

Linux suspend(S3) on DG43NB?

kraekan

Has anyone managed to get suspend working on the DG43NB motherboard with a Linux install? My problem is that it suspends fine according to the logs but the system doesn't even attempt to resume. The system just boots as normal with no attempt to resume to the suspended session.

I got a new sata hard drive and downloaded a copy of the Windows 7 pre-release and that installed fine and suspend was working well. After setting up Fedora Linux on the drive and attempting to suspend - same problem again. The system just boots as normal with no attempt to resume at all.

After attempting to resume in Fedora I then noticed that suspend fails in Windows. It appears as if it is going to suspend fine and then bounces out. Will try and find out what Windows reports tomorrow but I'm not sure how to bring up the system logs in the newer versions of windows.

Any reports of success suspending with Linux on other recent boards would be good as well.

The only thing I can think of is a BIOS bug that stops it even trying to resume.