2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2013 12:07 PM by ghost_in_the_machine

USB 3.0 "This Device Can Perform Faster"

ghost_in_the_machine

Hi,

Got a little 'nuisance value' problem that I can't seem to resolve.

I have an Intel DH67VR main board (with i5 2500 Sandybridge CPU, Win7 64Bit Pro SP1)

When I plug in a USB 3.0 device, I get a pop up message: "This Device Can Perform Faster if you plug it into a USB 3.0 port"

Except it is a USB 3.0 device, in either of the 2 USB 3.0 ports at the back. I still get the message, and the memory stick and portable drive do work at USB 2.0 speed. I've tried updating the Renesas drivers, chipset drivers and BIOS. USB 3.0 is enabled in the BIOS setup.

I've tried both devices on my other ASUS Z68 board, no problem.

Any thoughts?

• 1. Re: USB 3.0 "This Device Can Perform Faster"
          Victor_Intel

Hello James,

It seems like the problem could be Windows* not recognizing the ports correctly.

Please follow these steps in the same order:

Uninstall the USB 3.0 drivers from programs and features then go under Device Manager to uninstall the USB 3.0 drivers.

Restart the computer and reinstall the latest USB 3.0 driver from the Intel(R) web site.

If the problem continues, the operating system may be corrupted, make sure that this operating system installation was performed with this same configuration and not in an older system.

Regards.

• 2. Re: USB 3.0 "This Device Can Perform Faster"
            ghost_in_the_machine

Thanks Victor,

I tried your suggestions, unfortunately no luck on resolving the issue with a driver re-install. I will try a clean install as soon as I can drag my user away. Will let you know how it goes...