Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 and ECS 945gct-m3 motherboard issue

idata
Employee

I have recently bought an Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 to put into my ECS 945gct-m3 motherboard. When I install it my CPU fan doesn't work and nothing boots up while everything else in the case comes alive like normal. The ECS website says the processor is compatible, but for some reason it is not working. The CPU fan is plugged in correctly and when I put the old CPU back in everything comes up and boots up fine. Anyone have any suggestions or heard of this happening before. Also I have the latest BIOS version for the ECS motherboard and I have tried going back to orginal bios as well. So far everything I have tried has not worked. Is there a possibility that the processor I got was faulty?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information. If possible, you can try testing the CPU on a different compatible motherboard to confirm if the problem persists.

We can also suspect of a defective Processor. We would recommend contacting the Place of Purchase or the local support center for additional information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Thanks for the information. If possible, you can try testing the CPU on a different compatible motherboard to confirm if the problem persists.

We can also suspect of a defective Processor. We would recommend contacting the Place of Purchase or the local support center for additional information.

0 Kudos