2 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2013 1:07 AM by akshaygupta94

Intel RST Raid 0 shows Disabled in Option ROM, No Windows Boot

archongtv

Hi,

I've got problem with RST and raid 0 (HDD + SSD cache). I did something very inteligent and disconnected the HDD drive and connected it to another computer with Windows 7 (I did not saved anything on it (probably Windows did something with MFT), I needed to copy some files). After that I've put that HDD back to first PC and tried to boot up - with no luck. In Option ROM I see that HDD is marked as non-raid disk and raid0 is disabled. Is there any way to manually restore and enable that raid? I'm using acceleration in Maximized mode. Chipset is Z68, mobo is asus P8Z68-V PRO.

• 1. Re: Intel RST Raid 0 shows Disabled in Option ROM, No Windows Boot
          Fred_Intel

Hi archongtv,

What you have is a RAID 0 with the hard drive and the SSD or iHyou are just using the SSD as cache?

If what you have is a RAID 0 with the hard drive and the SSD most likely the RAID structure got corrupted in the hard drive. If you are just using the SSD as cache then you can access the Option ROM by pressing Ctrl+I  during POST and then set the SSD as non RAID.

Bear in mind a RAID 0 cannot be rebuilt so; if the RAID structure got corrupted then the information will be lost.

Thanks!

• 2. Re: Intel RST Raid 0 shows Disabled in Option ROM, No Windows Boot
            akshaygupta94

till yesterday, my system was working perfectly. I also have HDD+SSD for cache.

Problem started here .....had preinstalled win 8....removed it...installed ubuntu....thought that i can use ssd to speed up....opened IRST option ROM as it always prompted me on startup....deleted the RAID....created a new volume...set the space for the volume....restarted..and boom....error"PXE-M0F exiting PXE".....what to do ?