1 Reply Latest reply on May 5, 2009 2:22 PM by Joepre

latest PROSet/Wireless Connection Utility doesn't like matching driver for 3945ABG

XP Tablet system (SP2, all current updates), no issues with prior versions (12.4.0.0 last used). All commonsense fixes attempted with no resolution. No errors during install.

ADDITIONAL INFO

On mouseover of tray icon, tooptip displays: "No supported WiFi adapters available in the system." All programmatic functionality, save Help, is greyed-out, both when Windows is set to manage and Windows is unset to manage. Problem persists identically despite reboots, Add/Remove Repairs, reinstalls, full uninstall/clear tempdirs/safemode/Driver Sweeper/reboot/reinstall; no obvious registry miswriting or corruption; prior releases for over a year have all functioned perfectly deployed in same manner.

VERSION DETAILS

3945ABG adapter driver is version 12.4.0.21, and works when OS-managed.

PROSet/Wireless component drivers (installed per 12.4.0.0 PROSet/Wireless WiFi Connection Utility package) as follows:

DrWiFi.exe               12.4.0.0

EvtEng.exe               12.4.0.0

iCrdCll.exe                12.4.0.2

iWrap.exe                 12.4.0.1

PfWizard.exe            12.4.0.6

S24EvMon.exe          12.4.0.10

wscwiz.exe               12.4.0.2

ZCfgSvc.exe              12.4.0.9

C1XStngs.dll              12.4.0.1

DbEngine.dll              12.4.0.0

IntStngs.dll                12.4.0.0

LSAWRAPI.DLL         12.4.0.0

MurocApi.dll               12.4.0.6

PfMgrApi.dll                12.4.0.2

pfQOSMgr.dll              12.4.0.0

S24MUDLL.dll             12.4.0.1

supplicant.dll                 1.0.73.0

zlib1.dll                         1.2.3.0

s24trans.sys               12.2.0.2

ConnMgr.dll                 12.4.0.11

Logview.dll                   12.4.0.3

manualdiag.dll              12.4.0.2

WiWiTray.dll                12.4.0.1

S24Trans.sys               12.2.0.2

As I am unaware of component versioning on a per-release basis, and the installer didn't complain, I'm assuming those are all the proper versions for that package.

• 1. Re: latest PROSet/Wireless Connection Utility doesn't like matching driver for 3945ABG
          Joepre

I too am having a problem running the latest PROset/Wireless connection utility. I have a Dell Latitude D620 with the latest BIOS and the latest Chipset driver. I installed this version 12.4.0.21 and get a windows failure notice as the software is finishing. It calls it a Zero Config SVC failure. If I click on the tray icon, I get another failure notice that say it is a Framework failure and then it shuts down. Everything worked before upgrading this and I am able to access the wireless card through the windows wireless utility with no difficulty. This leads me to believe it is a Intel software problem.

I am able to open the WIFI connection Utility only by opening it through its file location. It did not identify any problems with the card, but I can not open it through the normal means

I am running XPPro SP3.